[Resolved] Can't login to webmail / IMAP 19Aug2006

I can't login to webmail as of 1:15PM PST.

Error is:

Login failed for some reason. Make sure you use your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS as the username.

Which I am, of course.

I confirm the same problem. Hopefully this will be resolved soon :-)

Andrew

Sometime after 4PM ET today, the SpamCop POP and IMAP servers stopped working. The symptom varies, and I tried this from four different access points, including "report held spam" (which simply complains "Cannot open IMAP connection".

The error Thunderbird gives me (POP) is "Sending of password did not succeed.Mail server pop.spamcop.net responded: Temporary problem, please try again later". Snappermail on my Treo said "IMAP server unexpectedly ended session."

Perhaps I should "just chill" and try again later, but usually there's a notice on the webmail login page if there are known issues, so I figured I'd at least mention it here.

Steve

Oh and I can't log in with webmail either - I see there's a separate topic on that. The timeframe matches too, so it's not just me.

Yes, this is related to the other topic, but for me, although I can log into webmail or IMAP, I'm able to POP my "spamcop.net" address. I also have a "cesmail.net" account and it's not affected by any of the problems at the moment.

DT

ditto

I also posted this in the newsgroup

I am glad it's not just me

I believe the technical name for this problem is "S... happens"

Usually in reasonable period of time the problem is fixed but sometimes it takes longer

and usually we never know what it was.

Error is:

Login failed for some reason. Make sure you use your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS as the username.

Which I am, of course.

Yeah, I've been getting the same thing for a while now, too.

I stepped away from computer for a couple of minutes (I was already logged onto SpamCop) and when I got back, in response to a notice that I had mail in Held folder, I tried to open that folder...getting routed to the log-in page. When I tried to log on I got this message (and continue to get the same): "Login failed for some reason. Make sure you use your FULL EMAIL ADDRESS as the username." Well obviously I can log into Discussions, but not Mail. What's going on?

Same problem here, as of 6:00 p.m. EDT. :(

And I can't connect with IMAP from Outlook either. It says, "Task 'Spamcop-IMAP: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Could not fetch new headers in the folder Inbox for Account Spamcop-IMAP. Error:Unable to connect to the server..'"

Error is:

Which I am, of course.

Still not working for me, either - no IMAP, no webmail, no beta webmail.

...and, because there's no acknowlegement of this in the "System news from the last 24 hours" on the webmail login page, we can only assume that JT is blissfully unaware of the outage. Unfortunately, our only hope is Wazoo, who can page JT, but who hasn't been here for the last five hours. ;-)

DT

Update: I'm now able to login to my SC email adddress using the current webmail system, but not with IMAP and not with the beta webmail system, both of which are still failing. From the increased activity here (including people simply dropping in to read these messages) and in the NG, I'd say the email servers are basically FUBAR.

I'm a little antsy about this because I was expecting some email that I have to deal with ASAP.

Hopefully you have a POP client on your computer that you can use to POP the mail with? Throughout the problems today, I've been able to POP my mail from the server.

DT

Yep, POP workd for me too, I'm happy to add.

IMAP's out to lunch with that 'try again later' message.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

Unfortunately, our only hope is Wazoo, who can page JT, but who hasn't been here for the last five hours. ;-)

Just got back to the house, been doing the 'providing care for the sick and elderly in the neighborhood' routine ... saw the newsgroup posts, got the PM notifications, read the multiple Topics started here .. dialed the number and got to the 'leave a message' mode .. so did that .... assumption made that there are already many e-mails sent ..???

OK, went ahead and merged three Topics into the one started first .. probably making some of the conversational flow a bit confusing, but .... also changed the Subject Title ....

Archived