"the password or username is not correct"

Typically, one would see this type of error at the same time there was a drop-out showing in the graphiz/link at the top right of this page. That drop-out isn't there in any near/current timeframe. There is no one else making the same complaint. So, one would have to start from ground zero .. can you log into your www.spamcop.net web-page? If so, there's something wrong in your method/tools used to "submit to SpamCop" (which of course, you failed to mention in your first posting) ... of not, then please see the SpamCop FAQ here and find the link "Password Problems" .... follow the appropriate instructions.

You might also check the Announcements section / Forum FAQ for entries dealing with using your e-mail account as a displayed name in this application.

Typically, one would see this type of error at the same time there was a drop-out showing in the graphiz/link at the top right of this page. That drop-out isn't there in any near/current timeframe. There is no one else making the same complaint. So, one would have to start from ground zero .. can you log into your www.spamcop.net web-page? If so, there's something wrong in your method/tools used to "submit to SpamCop" (which of course, you failed to mention in your first posting) ... of not, then please see the SpamCop FAQ here and find the link "Password Problems" .... follow the appropriate instructions.

You might also check the Announcements section / Forum FAQ for entries dealing with using your e-mail account as a displayed name in this application.

There might be more problems going on. I get the following error trying to login to either my free or paid account:

Authorization failure, no username provided by server; action =

And this error when using the "HTTP basic auth" login:

Unknown action

And this error when trying to report by following the returned trackingURL:

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, your request could not be processed.

Typically, this is the result of a temporary problem. Please re-try the operation which caused this error in a minute or two. You can even leave this error screen open and use your browser's "reload" button to re-try. Please do not press reload repeatedly though. Pressing the button more often does not resolve the problem faster. It just makes a bad situation worse.

If you believe this is a bug which occurs only under specific circumstances or have observed the problem frequently, please contact us with a full description of the problem.

Message sent off to the deputies.

Well folks, I really don't know why, but just as mysteriously as the problem occured, it has ceased. After reading the posts (thank you very much for the replies) and trying the reccomensed steps last night, I was still unable to get past the SMTP global error. Then, this morning, spam reporting is working again. I'm thinking I was pursuing the wrong angle and it was my ISP that had problems. I'll probably never know. I had not changed any other settings in my spam reporting other than doing a Spamcop.net password reset, which didn't change anything at the time.

Archived