Heavy on the rant, pass the cartooney, please

Larry Steinhouse

Moderator Edit: Multiple postings have been merged into this single rant thing. One "new" post was into an ancientexisting (assumedly resolved) discussion in the Blocking List FOrum. Split that unassociated ranting out from that discussion and moved the "new" stuff to the Lounge. The second "new" post was to a FAQ-entry item, yet again, the rant is not associated with "building the FAQ" .. so split out that 'new' stuff, moved to the Lounge, and then merged all this crap into one discussion. More research is on-going, but I had to stop the "Report this Post" actions ......

IronPort Contact Info

Contacting IronPort

Corporate Headquarters

950 Elm Ave.

San Bruno, CA 94066

(650) 989-6500 tel

(650) 989-6543 fax

The 'personal' phone number is being removed from the following posts.

----Wazoo

I have had my personal e-mails being block by these a-holes also! I have filed with the federal Trade commission and i encourage all of you to do the same. The a-hole president of this company (Iron Port Systms) is Scott Weiss and i have left him several phone messages to leave me alone, I am not sending spam. His phone number is (see above) If he is blocking your e-mails then harrass him back. If anyone is interested in a class action suit against these people contact me.

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190

I love your Instant response Bull-S--T. If you want to stop these people call me 215 378 9190!

I encourage you all to report them to the Federal Trade Commision and call Scott Weis the president of this company at (see first post)

Larry Steinhouse

"Cartooney n. Term for legal threat sent in the hope of scaring the recipient. Derives from 'Cartoon Attorney'. A Cartooney generally contains promises of legal action under irrelevant or non-existent laws, and is often written by one who has not consulted a proper lawyer and has little intention of ever doing so as generally the Cartooney sender is on the wrong side of the law to begin with."

If you really want results, file a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, also you can call and harrass the owner of this company, Scott Weiss, at (see first post)!

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190 I am hiring an attorney, anyone interested?

For people whose email has been blocked using the spamcop bl: If you haven't found the answer here Q&A about blocklists. Please post the error message you got. Also, post the domain name (the right side of the [at]) of the sender of the error message and the domain part of your email address.

If you can provide the IP Address of this message, that would be great!

Vague topic titles are pretty much useless, they don't provide any information about the actual problem you're having. You should be clear and concise with your title. For example, Blocked by 'domain'; sending from 'domain name'

Do not use topic titles like these:

1. Help needed!

2. PLEASE HELP!

3. Spamcop is blocking me

4. This is too complicated for me

5. Not a spammer; why am I blocked?

6. SpamCop is broke or stupid or hurting my business

Post your question in this forum: SpamCop Blocklist Help Forum

I love your Instant response Bull-S--T. If you want to stop these people call me 215 378 9190!

I encourage you all to report them to the Federal Trade Commision and call Scott Weis the president of this company at (see first post)

Larry Steinhouse

Sorry that you are upset. I don't have any desire to stop blocklists. IMHO, blocklists (not just the spamcop blocklist) are the only rational way to deal with spam.

You may not be a spammer, but you are definitely part of the problem. There are no 'innocents' - only people who are ignorant of the way email works.

Miss Betsy

I have had my personal e-mails being block by these a-holes also! I have filed with the federal Trade commission and i encourage all of you to do the same. The a-hole president of this company (Iron Port Systms) is Scott Weiss and i have left him several phone messages to leave me alone, I am not sending spam. His phone number is (see first post). If he is blocking your e-mails then harrass him back. If anyone is interested in a class action suit against these people contact me.

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190

Hahahahahahaha

Thanks for the laugh Larry!

What law has been broken? What are you going to sue for?

BTW: Learn how to run a mail server! mail.steinhouse.net (67.15.6.83) is blocked by our servers now also

Actually, that server is NOT currently listed:

67.15.6.83 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

It does have some spamtrap hits, however, that look like misdirected bounces:

Report History:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:34:12 PM -0400:

failure notice

1871692525 ( 67.15.6.83 ) To: uube[at]devnull.spamcop.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:55:13 AM -0400:

failure notice

1844482902 ( 67.15.6.83 ) To: uube[at]devnull.spamcop.net

This post and the one above needs to be moved to the Lounge, where it is appropriate. It has been reported to the Moderators of the forum.

If you really want results, file a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, also you can call and harrass the owner of this company, Scott Weiss, at (see first post)!

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190 I am hiring an attorney, anyone interested?

Not that I expect you will read this and actually try to understand what is going on, but:

SpamCop can not physically block your mail because it is not in the path your mail takes. An Email Administrator has decided to use the spamcop bl in order to reduce their spam.

It is clearly stated in many places that the spamcop bl is aggressive and should not be used to block. Many email administrators (myself included) know and understand this risk, but use spamcop to block anyway because it helps alert the sending servers there is a problem on their end of the connection (they are currently sending unsolicited emails in enough numbers to become blocked).

You have a couple of choices to complain to. First, you can complain to your email administrator. You are on the spamcop list because of the configuration of your mail server. Second, you can complain to the email administrator of the receiving domain. They are using the spamcop list to block email against spamcops reccomendation to use it in a scoring setting. It is their mail server, however, and their choice.

Spamcop is simply a list of servers that have been recently reported as having sent unsolicited email. There are other lists that contain all of Brazil, China, or the USA (to name a few). Those can all be used to block email if the administrator wishes. They could also be used to allow emails, if the administrator so wished.

also you can call and harrass the owner of this company, Scott Weiss

So I suppose you wouldn't mind if we all started calling and harassing you, Mr. Steinhouse? Are you a "turn about is fair play" kind of person? Or maybe you should think about "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

DT

First post in this newly formed discussion attempts to explain in my edit why some of it may be confusing ... multiple postings made in various other Forum sections were split out from those non-associated discussions, moved to the Lounge, then merged into this single rant thing. ... Not even a good rant, as far as that goes ....

OK, initial research pans out .... from the website that has matching data for registration here ...

http://www.steinhouse.net/

larry[at]steinhouse.net

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190 PA cell

609-635-5373 NJ Cell

Toll Free 866-HOME-088

So step one in research pans out ... seems to be a valid person ....

Step two .. replaced the 'personal' phone number with Corporate Contact Information

Step three .. e-mail sent upstream .. about this rant, about Mike's newsgroup posting which contains the unedited data, etc.

I notified our CEO, Scott Weiss, about his phone number being published in the newsgroup.

Nothing can be done about it now. The post can't be retracted or cancelled. It's now a matter of history. I actually don't think much, if anything will come of it. Time will tell.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

I notified our CEO, Scott Weiss, about his phone number being published in the newsgroup.

Nothing can be done about it now. The post can't be retracted or cancelled. It's now a matter of history. I actually don't think much, if anything will come of it. Time will tell.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

If removals/cancels are not turned off on the NG Host then whoever posted can cancel their post. I have done it before. But only on private news servers as on public ones the post gets propogated pretty fast to other servers

If removals/cancels are not turned off on the NG Host then whoever posted can cancel their post. I have done it before. But only on private news servers as on public ones the post gets propogated pretty fast to other servers

Turned off long ago, based on the actions of one lowlife, having fun forging cancels ....

My offers to also take on the maintence of the newsgroups has never been accepted.

Turned off long ago, based on the actions of one lowlife, having fun forging cancels ....

My offers to also take on the maintence of the newsgroups has never been accepted.

Too bad as you are doing a great job with the forun!

My hat is off to you Wazoo!!!!!!!!!!!

I filed a complaint with FTC and i suggest you do the same. I have been calling the President of Iron POrt Systems (inventor of Spamcop) Scott Weiss at (see first post) and leaving messages. I suggest you do the same also.

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190

:angry: SpamCop has become a total frustration for us.

Spamcop unfortunately is running their list and not actually even stopping the spammer. They decided that any bounces it receives from mail boxes over quota or anyone with an auto responder is now spam.

As a result, incorrect mail servers get listed and to quote SpamCop:

"It appears this listing is caused by misdirected bounces. We have a FAQ which covers this topic: Why auto-responses are bad (Misdirected bounces). Please read this FAQ and heed the advice contained in it."

We have got 1000's of clients who uses a "catch all" mail account on our servers from where their own internal mail servers collect the mail and thus making it impossible for us to even attempt what they suggest, and to make matters worse, you cannot even trace the "incorrect listing" to the source and to quote SpamCop again:

"spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop"

Autoresponders for example, that reply to the spam messages forged header can also result in a listing. So with that being said, its kind of hard to stop autoresponders and mail forwards unless we eliminate them from services we offer.

In any event if we disable bounces then mail servers such as AOL will no longer accept mail from our servers because the server is not RFC compliant.

This has been a heated issue for many ISP's worldwide (even here in South Africa) and these SpamCop lists that are supposed to be helping are actually shielding the spam source itself.

Are there any other IPS's out there experiencing the same frustrations?

I am an end user who is having my e-mails blocked. I have filed with the FTC and suggest you do the same! I also csuggest you harrass Scott Weis (President of this crap) (see first post)

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190

Scott Weiss personal phone number (see first post) harrass him the way he harrasses us!

You are harrassing me! Leave my e-mails alone and i will leave you alone! I do not send spam, I send less than 20 e-mails a week and i am tired of no one in your company resolving my problem! I have leaft 100+ messages for Scott Weiss and i would reather answer my e-mails then waste my time with this s--t! So call me and resolve my problem instead of ignoring me!

LArry Steinhouse

215-378-9190

So I suppose you wouldn't mind if we all started calling and harassing you, Mr. Steinhouse? Are you a "turn about is fair play" kind of person? Or maybe you should think about "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

So i am real! Now fix my problem!

Larry Steinhouse

First post in this newly formed discussion attempts to explain in my edit why some of it may be confusing ... multiple postings made in various other Forum sections were split out from those non-associated discussions, moved to the Lounge, then merged into this single rant thing. ... Not even a good rant, as far as that goes ....

OK, initial research pans out .... from the website that has matching data for registration here ...

http://www.steinhouse.net/

larry[at]steinhouse.net

Larry Steinhouse

215-378-9190 PA cell

609-635-5373 NJ Cell

Toll Free 866-HOME-088

So step one in research pans out ... seems to be a valid person ....

Step two .. replaced the 'personal' phone number with Corporate Contact Information

Step three .. e-mail sent upstream .. about this rant, about Mike's newsgroup posting which contains the unedited data, etc.

FTC, huh? I can save you the trouble. You will receceive essentially the following response. Might not be word for word, but the content will be the same:

Thank you for contacting the FTC... blah blah blah... We're sorry, spamcop has not violated any FTC rules or regulations... blah blah blah... Have a nice day...

On the other hand, harassing someone by phone is a good way to find yourself on the receiving end of a restraining order, should Iron Port decide it is worth their time.

If you really wanted to fix your problem, there are a lot of people who would have been happy to help had you come here asking for it. However, since you have not offered up any information for us to help you, or indeed requested any help finding out why your mail server might be listed, you will not receive any hlep. At this point, even if you did offer the information needed to help you, I seriously doubt many here would waste their time with you.

Scott Weiss personal phone number (see first post) harrass him the way he harrasses us!

You are harrassing me! Leave my e-mails alone and i will leave you alone! I do not send spam, I send less than 20 e-mails a week and i am tired of no one in your company resolving my problem! I have leaft 100+ messages for Scott Weiss and i would reather answer my e-mails then waste my time with this s--t! So call me and resolve my problem instead of ignoring me!

You are the only person who can fix your problem. If spam is being sent from the same IP address that you send email from, it will be listed automatically by the spamcop blocklist. You are the only one who can address the problem of spam being sent from the email server you are using. If you want to find out what kind of spam is being sent so that you can address the problem intelligently with your ISP, then you will have to provide your IP address.

Miss Betsy

You are harrassing me! Leave my e-mails alone and i will leave you alone! I do not send spam, I send less than 20 e-mails a week and i am tired of no one in your company resolving my problem!

Non one here is touching your e-mail. End of this part of the discussion.

I have leaft 100+ messages for Scott Weiss and i would reather answer my e-mails then waste my time with this s--t! So call me and resolve my problem instead of ignoring me!

Ignoring you? You've had numerous people waste their time trying to respond to your bit of lunacy exposed here. Yet, you have yet to actually respond to any of those Replies. It's obvious you overlooked past edits.

So i am real! Now fix my problem!

I'll tell you what, I will fix your problem "here" ... no more wasting your time, no more ranting, no more wasting other folks' time ....

I'll tell you what, I will fix your problem "here" ... no more wasting your time, no more ranting, no more wasting other folks' time ....

irony = [on]

Yeah, why not do it, Wazoo. Though - nothing seen to educate misleaded ranter or whatever You call him/her, just pissing of people with pissing him off to links of FAQ of the FAQs. (why not make one more: "How to read the SPAMCOP FAQs?")

Sometimes it is impossible to find anything in so called faqs and pinned posts, they are way too much. Addmit it. (I noticed, they are too much even for You, thee powerfull-refresh-master Wazoo).

read this as irony.[off]

We've got twelwe thousand spoons, when all we need is just .... a knife...

Yeah, why not do it, Wazoo.

???? Action was taken at the time of my last post.

Sometimes it is impossible to find anything in so called faqs and pinned posts, they are way too much. Addmit it. (I noticed, they are too much even for You, thee powerfull-refresh-master Wazoo).

I'm not understanding the irony or the statement, much less the "refesh-master" description.

We've got twelwe thousand spoons, when all we need is just .... a knife...

I see it as the lack of folks actually pitching in, cooking the food, setting the table, sweeping the floor ....

If "you" have an issue, know of missing data, don't understand something ... get to it, make it understandable, post up your version or the edits of a needed revision .... The SpamCopWiki is but the sixth or so attempt at yet another "interface" to FAQ data ... and still the bitching continues ... geeeze ...

If by "irony" you meant some of this to be funny, well apologies. Just getting home from my rounds providing primary home/health care for folks in four houses, doing laundry at three of them, cooked supper at two, washed dishes at three .... get home, fire up this system, wade throiugh my e-mail, hit the newsgroups, then waltz in here to see this .... sorry, my sense of humour pretty much sucks these days ....

???? Action was taken at the time of my last post.

I'm not understanding the irony or the statement, much less the "refesh-master" description.

I see it as the lack of folks actually pitching in, cooking the food, setting the table, sweeping the floor ....

If "you" have an issue, know of missing data, don't understand something ... get to it, make it understandable, post up your version or the edits of a needed revision .... The SpamCopWiki is but the sixth or so attempt at yet another "interface" to FAQ data ... and still the bitching continues ... geeeze ...

If by "irony" you meant some of this to be funny, well apologies. Just getting home from my rounds providing primary home/health care for folks in four houses, doing laundry at three of them, cooked supper at two, washed dishes at three .... get home, fire up this system, wade throiugh my e-mail, hit the newsgroups, then waltz in here to see this .... sorry, my sense of humour pretty much sucks these days ....

Never mind that refreshmaster, it was just that reports going to cached places, until someone with the power refreshes... remember, hnidc[at]hotmail.com? Now you can have a look who is ernesto[at]osint.net (http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6950)

Never loose your sense of humor... please. All I wanted to add: is that there are way too much FAQ's pinned topics, etc. around spmacop, that no one has time to read them anymore, they ar just TOO MUCH. Yet, you add one more, the Wiki. Can't that be one page?

have a nice day, spamcop is doing good.

All I wanted to add: is that there are way too much FAQ's pinned topics, etc. around spmacop, that no one has time to read them anymore, they ar just TOO MUCH. Yet, you add one more, the Wiki. Can't that be one page?
The Wiki is an attempt to rewrite the entire FAQ into a simpler, cleaner, easier to navigate, cross reference, indexed version where each topic is a single page that keeps getting updated. Take a look and see what you think. It is far from complete at this time, but there is enough there to get a feel for where it is going. There is a link to it in the top menu bar of every Forum page. "SC Wiki" just to the right of "SSL Webmail"

• 2 weeks later...

Larry Steinhouse

Sir, you managed to quote something I posted 2 1/2 years ago that wasn't anywhere close to responding to your original post of last month.

Your Instant Kneejerk Bull-S--T is what needs to stop.

Harrassment before a lawsuit is usually not recommended by lawyers. I would recommend that you stop until you figure out where your real problem is.

Have a nice day.

Archived