Somebody help me!

stefi

I have spoken to Telivo, who said that emails coming from their server are often seen as spam. They said I should use my ISP as outgoing server, but this isn't always possible as I often 'hotdesk' in various companies...

I think you know the anwer to this one, given their answer. If they can't get a grip on their servers and stop the spammers using them, then they can't offer you the service you are paying for. Vote with your wallet.

Edit: telivo.com resolves to

host 195.82.107.237 = smtp.telivo.com (cached)

host 195.82.107.237 = smtp.telivo.com (cached)

[report history]

Routing details for 195.82.107.237

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 195.82.107.237 : abuse[at]mailbox.net.uk

Using abuse net on abuse[at]mailbox.net.uk

abuse net mailbox.net.uk = abuse[at]mailbox.net.uk

Using best contacts abuse[at]mailbox.net.uk

Statistics:

195.82.107.237 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

More Information..

195.82.107.237 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org

195.82.107.237 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org

195.82.107.237 not listed in cbl.abuseat.org

195.82.107.237 not listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net

195.82.107.237 not listed in relays.ordb.org.

Reporting addresses:

abuse[at]mailbox.net.uk

Report history shows dozens of unwanted, unsolicited bounce email

Refer telivo here to see why post-facto bounces are unacceptable in the 21st century.

claranet good, plusnet better IMNSHO
Shown in some searches as the network owner for the big plus.com domain, examples of which cf http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchBy=...g=84.92.142.134 et al. and whom I am sure have carried users who have spammed me in the past (but that's hardly an exclusive club). Presumably you have had some good experiences with these people Derek?

Shown in some searches as the network owner for the big plus.com domain, examples of which cf http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchBy=...g=84.92.142.134 et al. and whom I am sure have carried users who have spammed me in the past (but that's hardly an exclusive club). Presumably you have had some good experiences with these people Derek?

Been with them for 10 years or more, very proactive, above all by UK standards cheap. Great customer service, their SMTP servers have never in 10 years been refused by anyone I've emailed.

250Mb web-space with full access to SQL, scripts etc.

From what you posted it seems they could be a lot more proactive with trojanned customers though! IFAIK none of that ASDL pool should be mailing at all - though it is possible that some customers are running their own mailservers.

So, stefi, I guess we're a tough bunch to impress, provider-wise. Notwithstanding mixed reviews there seems a fair chance you will be well pleased with Claranet, if not, Derek who knows whereof he speaks reckons plusnet. At least if *that* didn't work out you could heigh off to Kneightley of wherever he's at and demonstrate your mastery of eki-thump upon his sorry sconce.

Archived