Looks like a pal has blocked me how can i let her know

Jean fraser

This is the SMTP Server program at host me.freeserve.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The SMTP Server program

<Bradreen[at]supanet.com>: delivery temporarily suspended: host

london.sin1.netline.net.uk[213.40.130.10] refused to talk to me: 550-Host

193.252.22.157 is listed at bl.spamcop.net as spam. 550 See: Blocked - see

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?193.252.22.157

<Bradreen[at]supanet.com>: delivery temporarily suspended: host

london.sin1.netline.net.uk[213.40.130.10] refused to talk to me: 550-Host

193.252.22.157 is listed at bl.spamcop.net as spam. 550 See: Blocked - see

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?193.252.22.157

Ouch, 193.252.22.157 is listed for a while yet -

193.252.22.157 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 22 hours.

I don't suppose you can phone or text your pal to see if you can be whitelisted his/her end? (All references point to UK locations). Sometimes whitelisting is available at the end-user level. If not, you can try your luck with the provider doing the blocking:

The Internexus Group

address: Indigo House, Time Technology Park

address: Blackburn Road, Simonstone

address: Burnley, BB12 7NQ, UK

phone: +44 1282 681 000

stephen.bailey[at]internexusgroup.co.uk

routing[at]internexusgroup.co.uk

are a couple of email addresses there. I've had success with that myself in the past - well only 1/1 to be honest. Otherwise - of course - an internet cafe or "free" account to push a message through to your pal.

PM from Jean fraser

I am afraid I do not understand computer language. We just send email messages to one another everyday. I have spoken to my friend and she is as ignorant as me when it comes to computers. Does this mean she might have accidently blocked me from sending her emails?? If it does then I know how to unblock, as I am always blocking advertisements myself!! So I would know to tell her what to do! If this is whats happened here could you please let me know?Thanks again Jean PS is there a way I can stop advertisements myself?
Sorry Jean, via the forum please - don't be afraid to ask what you want, there are many others just like you.

No, she has not accidentally blocked your messages but tell her how to check anyway. Her service provider blocks spam and spam has come from somebody using the same network server as you (IP address 193.252.22.157). If there is no more spam the block will be lifted in less than a day. If you know how to block advertisements do you mean blocking the mail with the advertisements? And if so - do you also know how to allow mail (whitelist)? If you do and you could tell her, she could try whitelisting your email address.

We don't know just what services or applications your friend is using so it is not possible to say exactly what else she might do in terms of assisting the situation - but she could start by talking to her email service provider who is blocking you with details of your email address - you [at] youraddress and your (blocked) IP address 193.252.22.157.

If you are already blocking mail by email address then yes, using blocking lists like SpamCop will be much more effective because the spammers cheat by using spoofed addresses which they change all the time. There is much information for you to look at - the FAQs start at the SpamCop FAQ links at the top of this very page.

• 9 months later...

This is the SMTP Server program at host me.freeserve.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

Snip

[/url]

Your provider is incompetent

(they are not identifying the source that is sending spam just their Email server. On top of this they are not addressing abuse reports sent by a great many spam victims)

You are best to get a free "throwaway" from a provider like HotMail or Gmail

Better yet pay the US$30 for a SpamCop email account. Never automatically accept an email address your provider sticks you with.

A SpamCop email address is the only email address you will ever need. I'm in Sydney Australia and are just a user of SpamCop. My SpamCop email address is very fast and bullet proof, I access email from ships, country, overseas, etc (The method I use)

Just make sure you have a secure computer check my signature

Hi Jean,

I don't know how patient you are. If you have read the FAQ, at least some of them, and looked at the wanadoo topic, then you have the answers you wanted. If you haven't, probably the posts here, haven't helped you very much.

Summary:

Your internet service provider (Wanadoo) does not control spam very well. They do not respond to reports of spam and refuse to cooperate with other internet service providers by using protocols that reduce the amount of spam one gets.

The best way to communicate with your friend is to use another email service provider. There are free ones like hotmail or you can pay extra for ones with more features like spamcop email service.

Email services will generally give you a choice of filtering for spam. Unfortunately, unlike your friend's service, many of them use content based filters and some of them simply do not deliver any emails caught by the filter. Your friend's service simply does not accept email that is suspected of being spam so that the sender gets a message that the email wasn't delivered.

Only the sending internet service provider can tell exactly which computer is sending spam. Only the IP address of the email server/computer is provided in the email. That explains why your email, which wasn't spam, was rejected. It came from the same email server that someone else is sending spam through.

If you had a competent, responsible internet service provider, the action you should take is to advise them of the problem. They would immediately take care of it and your emails to your friend would be delivered again. Unfortunately, wanadoo does not respond to complaints.

So, your best choice is to get another email service provider such as hotmail. When you do, choose an alphanumeric user name like J3an1e - spammers will not be able to guess it. And do not use it to order things on the internet, have another email address for ordering things. (you should be very careful about using your email address on the internet for any reason - the way that spammers get addresses is by finding them on web pages or by offering free stuff and having you give your email address. You need to be careful about the security of your own computer - check out petzl's signature. Some free things like adaware are useful to keep spammers out of your computer. Also, never open an advertisement that you did not ask for. I am on several mailing lists for items that I want on a regular basis, but I signed up for them. The main thing to remember about email, is that if you didn't request an email, it is unsolicited and therefore spam. Any spam email can infect your computer or tell the spammers that you opened it so they will send you more spam).

If you have any more questions, please ask them. (and don't think Wazoo is rude - he is the most helpful and most knowledgeable, but for a newbie, seems to want to know too many things and to explain too much)

I don't know whether you drive or not, but learning about email is kind of like learning how to use your automobile. It helps a lot if you have a basic concept of how an automobile works and what you need to do (like regular oil changes) to keep it working well - and, also, a few rules of the road so you can practice defensive driving.

Miss Betsy

Archived