my ISP Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange

AngelaW

Moderator Edit: this post was extracted from http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7062 ..... Having the "same problem" in one thing, but not being associated with the same company, ISP, makes this a 'new' and different situation, requiring it's own reseach .... thus this 'new' Topic ...

I have exactly the same problem and having jsut spent 2 hours on the phone to my ISP Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange whatever they are called I am not further forward.

I have tried to unblock it and nothing is happening. i ham tearing my hair out as I need to get a really important email out and am being blocked - please help me too!!!!!

[at]AngelaW: I would suggest making a new post requesting assistance and providing some data for us to assist you in troubleshooting. A good start would be the rejection message you are getting. Unless you are in charge of the mail server in question, you will not be able to delist it. The owner of the mail server is the only one that can correct the problem and delist the server.

I have exactly the same problem and having jsut spent 2 hours on the phone to my ISP Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange whatever they are called I am not further forward.

Hi AngelaW!

Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange has a terrible reputation for failing to address to spam problems with their servers.

You are almost certainly suffering from their inability to challenge those users on their system that abuse their resources.

As Telarin notes, you will presumably have a message which has pointed you SpamCop. That message will include an IP address which is currently in the SCBL.

As a result the person/company you are trying to send an Email to has decided to block anything originating from Orange.

Once we have the IP address we may be able to assist you. But your best solution is to get access to a mail service that will allow you to send Email and which takes a more serious approach to stopping spam.

Andrew

Archived