Is blocked mail put in heldmail folder?

Kojote

I am considering signing up for a filtered spamcop account. I only get 1-2 spam messages a day, but even one is annoying. I'm tired of forwarding it to spamcop, then having to log in to the webpage to actually report it.

My ISP is Road Runner, and I think they only use SpamHaus feed. So I'm hoping that this other spam I get will be blocked automatically by Spamcop, if I sign up for a filtered account. I do not want to even see the heldmail folder nor it's contents. I would like to know if blocked mail is put in heldmail folder or automatically blocked and deleted? If there are whitelists, why can't the heldmail folder be automated to automatically report all other heldmail not on whitelists?

I am considering signing up for a filtered spamcop account. I only get 1-2 spam messages a day, but even one is annoying. I'm tired of forwarding it to spamcop, then having to log in to the webpage to actually report it.

My ISP is Road Runner, and I think they only use SpamHaus feed. So I'm hoping that this other spam I get will be blocked automatically by Spamcop, if I sign up for a filtered account. I do not want to even see the heldmail folder nor it's contents. I would like to know if blocked mail is put in heldmail folder or automatically blocked and deleted? If there are whitelists, why can't the heldmail folder be automated to automatically report all other heldmail not on whitelists?

Yes, blocked mail is automatically put in your Held Mail folder.

Nothing is ever automatically reported. It's important to us that the reports are accurate, so we require that individuals report these manually and take responsibility for what they report.

JT

I would like to know if blocked mail is put in heldmail folder or automatically blocked and deleted? If there are whitelists, why can't the heldmail folder be automated to automatically report all other heldmail not on whitelists?

No email is deleted if identified as spam it is sorted to a Very Easy Report (VER) folder for you to just click for no hassle reporting to SpamCop or whitelisting and forwarded to your inbox.

So easy it does not have to be automated

Looks like this

Yes personal white lists can be created if you put au in it all email ending in au will pass

You can also create your personal blacklist if you put au in it all email ending in au (not whitelisted) will be blocked. Of course you can also use full email addresses in these lists

You are best to use the SpamCop email address you select

Although SpamCop email will collect all your exsiting email accounts and accuratly sort real email from spam

No need to forward email just POP spamcop directly its servers are very fast probably faster than the one you use now

I'm in Sydney Australia and no connection to SpamCop other than a paying customer

<snip>I do not want to even see the heldmail folder nor it's contents.

...The only problem with not looking at the list of e-mails that have been identified as possible spam is that you won't see any false positives. But if you don't care about false positives, you should be quite happy with ignoring the Held Mail folder in the SpamCop e-mail account.

Archived