ip on blacklist, no report received

blue_m

Sometime within the last 24 hours, an ip I manage (140.198.8.74) has been placed on bl.spamcop.net.

When a mail server in our company has been reported as a spam source, I usually receive a message in my postmaster account with the format: [spamCop (<ip>) id:<id>]<message subject>. Then I follow the links and correct the issue.

This time I received no email to either of the reporting addresses listed on spamcop.

Can I get some help finding out what someone reported as spam that put my ip on this list?

Thanks!

...When a mail server in our company has been reported as a spam source, I usually receive a message in my postmaster account with the format: [spamCop (<ip>) id:<id>]<message subject>. Then I follow the links and correct the issue.

This time I received no email to either of the reporting addresses listed on spamcop.

Looking at http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...ip=140.198.8.74 says
Causes of listing

* System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

Reporting addresses are shown as
Reporting addresses:

postmaster[at]maricopa.edu

spam.monitor[at]domail.maricopa.edu

Deputies may be able to provide some clues but they protect the spamtraps more than anything. You have the contact detail? deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net

Noting that at this instant the IP is in the process of timing out but hopefully blue_m will pesevere in efforts to locate the cause to avoid recurrence (and has one or both of the reporting addresses). Either this discourse started late or the period of listing is reduced below the max 24 hours on account of total volume and spam:ham ratio considerations.

I've got an email account on that system...but I never send any emails outside of the system, so I'll be OK. To "blue_m" -- if you can't find any specific reports emailed to those two addresses by the SpamCop system, then you should indeed contact the Deputies to determine the nature of the items that were hitting the "traps." I'm guessing that it might involve "out of office" autoreplies, given the nature of the email users on the system.

The "company" involved here is the Maricopa Community Colleges, one of the largest community college systems in the US.

DT

Archived