Domain listed as Spammer, but I'm not doing it

Deen

In the process of moving a domain to a new host and fined that the domain name is being used to send spam and that the name is listed in SpamCop (as well as others). What do I do te get the listing correctd and how do I stop the spammer. Don't understand how "spoofing" works but that must be what they're doing. I have moved all the files to a new server and I never used an autoresponder on the domain in question but I'm still getting a dozen or so bounced messages an hour. The domain is www.purrfectplace.com.

Deen

In the process of moving a domain to a new host and fined that the domain name is being used to send spam and that the name is listed in SpamCop

You're going to have to work some to explain that. Where exactly did you "find your Listed Domain name" anywhere in SpamCop.net?

(as well as others). What do I do te get the listing correctd

???? Try lookig at the SpamCop FAQ here ... the additionally Pinned item of "Why am I Blocked?" ... the additionally Pinned item titled Announcement: [How-to] Post a Question (and prevent stupid/rude answers) .. take a look at a few of the existing Topics/Discussions to see what kind of data is actually used, wanted, needed, discussed ...???

and how do I stop the spammer. Don't understand how "spoofing" works but that must be what they're doing. I have moved all the files to a new server and I never used an autoresponder on the domain in question but I'm still getting a dozen or so bounced messages an hour. The domain is www.purrfectplace.com.

Now you're mixing in some oranges into the pickle barrel ...A SpamCop "listing" would involve the ip address of an outgoing e-mail server. You receiving "bounced messages" would be a result of some bad configuration of someone else's e-mail servers. The term "spoofing" goes far beuond what you seem to be describing, the simple "forged From: / Reply-To: lines" in an e-mail header.

whois -h whois.parava.net purrfectplace.com ...

Domain Name: purrfectplace.com

Registrant:

Adolphe Enterprises

Adolphe, Deen dadolphe[at]msn.com

8002 NE Hwy. 99#222

Vancouver, WA, 98665

US

Administrative Contact:

Adolphe, Deen deen[at]aewebhost.com

8002 NE Hwy 99 #222

Vancouver, WA, 98665

US

+360.2581225 fax:

Technical Contact:

Deen deen[at]aewebhost.com

WA, 98665

fax:

Record expires on 2007-09-20 00:00:00.

Record created on 2004-09-22 11:14:00.

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS1.BIZGOLDHOSTING.COM

DNS2.BIZGOLDHOSTING.COM

dns2.bizgoldhosting.com reports the following MX records:

Preference Host Name IP Address

0 purrfectplace.com 64.15.139.137

(but this is your Incoming server .. still don't know about your outgoing issues ..)

You've posted from a Qwest IP address, but no idea if that's associated with anything yet ....

09/17/06 00:59:20 Slow traceroute purrfectplace.com

Trace purrfectplace.com (64.15.139.137) ...

216.6.115.2 RTT: 57ms TTL:144 (if-4-0.core1.MTT-Montreal.teleglobe.net ok)

207.45.221.135 RTT: 54ms TTL:144 (Vlan2.msfc2.MTT-Montreal.teleglobe.net ok)

66.198.80.58 RTT: 50ms TTL:144 (g6-2.mtl-hd-core01.teleglobe.iweb.ca bogus rDNS: host not found [authoritative])

64.15.139.137 RTT: 54ms TTL: 52 (purrfectplace.com ok)

which equates to

OrgName: Groupe iWeb Technologies inc.

OrgID: GIT-20

Address: 3185, rue Hochelaga

City: Montreal

StateProv: QC

PostalCode: H1W-1G4

NetRange: 64.15.128.0 - 64.15.159.255

CIDR: 64.15.128.0/19

NetName: IWEBGROUP

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...g=64.15.139.137 shows 244 e-mail servers on thar page alone .... I'm not going to spend time to see of one of those servers is the one that you might be talking about ....

web page has too much java scri_pt for me, but ... Last modified: 05/10/04 seems a bit out of place ????

Archived