Several emailaccount, but not forwarded

Hey

This is probably a noob question but i'm gonna asked it anyway.

I have 3 email accounts (edpnet, scarlet, gmail). I use outlook to read my mails. So none of the accounts are forwarded. I'm 99% sure that all my spam comes from scarlet. I send all my mails with edpnet.

Is it neccessary to add all the accounts as mailhosts or just the scarlet one?

Thx y'all.

Hey

Hi, FlipTrip!

...If noobs didn't post questions, there wouldn't be much here. :) <g> Thanks and welcome!

I have 3 email accounts (edpnet, scarlet, gmail). I use outlook to read my mails. So none of the accounts are forwarded. I'm 99% sure that all my spam comes from scarlet. I send all my mails with edpnet.

Thx y'all.

...Did you read the item near the top of this Forum menu labeled "Pinned: Mailhost System Configuration Explanation?" If not, please check it out. If you have any questions after reading it, please post them as a reply, here.

...Good luck!

You NEED to register a mailhost for any account that receives spam you are going to report. If you are only going to report spam coming from scarlet, then thats all you NEED to register. HOWEVER, if you accidentally try to report a spam message that comes in through another source, there is the very real possibility you will end up reporting that host (because you did not tell spamcop to expect anything from them) and possibly losing that account.

You SHOULD register mailhost entries for every email account (domain/host) that you receive email from to be sure you do not end up accidentally reporting them.

Archived