Sign in to follow this  
jjmonty

'Internet Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act' or the 'Ryan Haight Act'

As I've pointed out before, we really don't need more anti-spam laws. We have several. Not to mention that most spam is illegal for reasons other than those laws anyway. A politician trying to make himself look good by appearing to fight spam is not going to help the matter. What we need is for law enforcement to care and actually enforce those laws already in place.

As I've pointed out before, we really don't need more anti-spam laws. We have several. Not to mention that most spam is illegal for reasons other than those laws anyway. A politician trying to make himself look good by appearing to fight spam is not going to help the matter.
...I heartily agree!
What we need is for law enforcement to care and actually enforce those laws already in place.
...I respectfully disagree. Law enforcement appears to care and enforce laws already in place, as evidenced by the all-too-few stories of spammers being brought to court and sentenced. IMHO, the problem is more the lack of law enforcement resources due (I hope) to the fact that the cost of spam is underestimated. I think we're better off with, and more likely to get, private cooperative initiatives (perhaps with assistance from law enforcement units at various levels) to make spam less profitable.