Where is the juce?

Lking

I don't understand this spam at all. No links, no product names, no way to make money. I have been getting 1-2 copies a month of this notice. This is the 2nd in two days. Without doing a text compare they look alike, just no money.

If on the other hand this is just a do-gooder with a spam machine, really misguided. Is there something I'm missing?

I don't understand this spam at all. No links, no product names, no way to make money.

<snip>

...If it really was intended to be UCE, perhaps the spam content was an image that your e-mail software deleted for you. Then again, there's always Spammer Rules #3 and Russell's Corollary for me to fall back on for an explanation. :) <g> Could also be broken or incorrectly used spamware; or someone just trying to find out whether e-mail addresses (such as yours) found on a spammer list are still valid.

I don't understand this spam at all. No links, no product names, no way to make money. ...

I'm sure I've come across this sort of stuff before but find no record. Bottom line, never try to get inside the mind of a pet/animal lover - they are not as you or I and, strictly in biological terms :), quite insane. But in a really nice way (mostly).

Background: brother called .. ladyfriend complaining about "some errors" when trying to get mail with OE.

Try stiff over the phone, really getting nowhere. He passes me his data, I set uip a system here to take a look at his e-mail. Ended up downloading a bunch of spam, but the 'issue' turned out to be the 1Meg+ e-mails that were a "Quarantine Report" of all the "suspected" spam that gets shoveled off to another folder somewhere .... talked to his ISP, uers have a 10Meg limit on the InBox, but the 'quarantined' stuff doesn't count against that figure ....

First 'Quarantine report' was 845k ... a new one sent at 0400 every day, each one a but bigger than the last. So ignoring any actual e-mail, these reports were killing him (ok the ladyfriend) .... I cleared the backlog, I 'heard' that things wrere OK .... it's not two weeks later and I'm seeing the 1Meg+ reports again .... he has been "too busy to log on" .. she's complaining that it's screwed up again ....

Anyway, the point that's been waiting to be made .... the first night, I saw a half-dozen of these, all 'sent' by different people .... initial thought was that he had some 'interesting' contacts, like you noted, no 'spam payload', no embedded links, etc. .... I just saw another one in his InBox earlier this afternoon, so they're still coming in to him also ....

Haven't been to NANAE in quite a while, as I didn't initially go with 'spammer involvement' when I first saw these, didn't go any further with it then, but would have to guess that this crap ought to a Google search available item by now .....

If I had to 'guess' at something, it's the testing of various proxy / sending software type actions .....

Archived