Test Case; Which IP gets blacklisted from these header?

snowman

We all know spamcop has a hair trigger and is really good at catching obvious spam. But this hair trigger is probably also its greatest weakness when it lists servers that if it had more information about the volume and quality of the outgoing email it would not.

If by 'hair trigger' you mean that it's quick to list current sources of spam (and thus warn the white-hats that they've got a problem), then I can't agree that that's a weakness. It's also THE easiest to get off: stop the spam and you're delisted evry quickly too.

FFS offer up the IP so that we can work on some real data. Otherwise I suggest the moderators close this thread, it's doing no-one any good and you don't seem to want any real help.

As I stated in my first rant in this Topic .... I thought I'd made it clear that I didn't want others to waste their time either. If snowman actually wanted real answers, real data would have been provided by now. As in so many other Topics/discussions, most of the follow-on questions would have already been addressed in the discussion and fact-finding on the "actual" parse results.

Having spent hours researching "all the FAQs" and apparently beating the hell out of Google looking for answers .... I'm at a bit of a loss as to why there are the suggestions to "look here" that earned a "thanks, I'll look at that" comment (then other questions asked that indicate it was not 'looked at' at all) .... and then folks jump in to add more things to look at ....

As I also stated, there a lots of folks willing to help, but this so far has been a total waste of time for all concerned, in my opinion.

If snowman really wants to know .....

post real data

actually find, look at, read the data provided in the FAQ, Dictionary, Glossary, Wiki, other existing discussions

actually sign up for a free account, do some parsing, analyze the results

Then come back and post a question, but this time dealing with specific data and facts.

Actually I did get a great deal of help from all of you. You gave me direction as to where to continue my inquiries about spamcop. I have a very real problem and I am trying to understand how to fix it - not just get delisted for cause of a stupid user is out of control.

Maybe its not the kind of help you normaly give to people who have had their server listed but in my situation very helpful indeed.

I am very thankful for the time people took to answer.

Actually I did get a great deal of help from all of you. You gave me direction as to where to continue my inquiries about spamcop.

The only 'real' place to 'continue inquiries about spamcop' would have to be the paid staff, which is definitely data found in several places with the FAQ here, www.spamcop.net itself, etc.

I have a very real problem and I am trying to understand how to fix it - not just get delisted for cause of a stupid user is out of control.

Real data provided in the first post could have led to an actual response that could have pointed to the exact issue .... as compaed to all this wallowing around that has occurred thus far ...

Maybe its not the kind of help you normaly give to people who have had their server listed but in my situation very helpful indeed.

At this point, whatever .....

Archived