Suddenly can't report spam

JSK333

Lately when trying to report spam, whether via my webmail account, or SMTP in my email program, I am getting the following error:

Transaction failed

Server replied: 554 5.7.1 Access denied. Possible UBE/UCE detected. Contact postmaster[at]nuvox.net

Obviously they are detecting the spam I am attaching to my email that is being sent to my SC reporting address. I usually attach between 10-20 spams per single reporting email.

Can you guys think of a way around this? Does SC have an smtp server for their users to use to report spam?

I've tried writing the postmaster but haven't received a response.

Lately when trying to report spam, whether via my webmail account, or SMTP in my email program, I am getting the following error:

Transaction failed

Server replied: 554 5.7.1 Access denied. Possible UBE/UCE detected. Contact postmaster[at]nuvox.net

Obviously they are detecting the spam I am attaching to my email that is being sent to my SC reporting address. I usually attach between 10-20 spams per single reporting email.

Can you guys think of a way around this?

SpamCop FAQ

Parsing & Reporting Section

E-mail Submittal Problems / Issues

E-Mail spam submittals blocked by your ISP? Updated!

Emailed spam Submissions Disappearing? No Confirmation e-mails?

Have you read any of those entries?

Does SC have an smtp server for their users to use to report spam?

I've tried writing the postmaster but haven't received a response.

postmaster where? That address is not listed in any of the "Contact Us/Somebody official" listings.

There is currently a Beta SMTP service in operation, but that is for folks with a SpamCop.net e-mail account.

Thank you for that... please update us if you get a reply from the postmaster.

I finally got one, early Wed. (10/18) morning:

Later today, I'll be working with our Systems group to exempt the domain

[at]spam.spamcop.net from our outgoing mail filter. This should be resolved by

end of day today.

--

Postmaster

NuVox Communications, Inc.

No luck yet, which is after the deadline he gave himself, but I'll check again tomorrow.

No luck yet, which is after the deadline he gave himself, but I'll check again tomorrow.

Just a wild stab in the dark, hopefully I'll be proved wrong .... but the first obvious is that he may have found out that it's not going to be that simple. The answer provided suggests a simply Domain list type check on outgoing address .. but the previous error message suggests that addresses aren't involved at all .. such that the 'solution' is actually going to have to be 'check the address before running through the filter' .. no doubt involving some backroom cursing, if it can be acomplished at all ....

Archived