IMAP Problem

Evening to all :)

I just bought a new cell phone which supports email. I tried to connect using IMAP without success. Just wanted to make sure that I have correct settings ...

Incoming : imap.spamcop.net

outgoing : mail.spamcop.net

Correct ? I tried these setting but the message says that the server hasnt been found ...

Evening to all :)

I just bought a new cell phone which supports email. I tried to connect using IMAP without success. Just wanted to make sure that I have correct settings ...

Incoming : imap.spamcop.net

outgoing : mail.spamcop.net

Correct ? I tried these setting but the message says that the server hasnt been found ...

1. Your incoming server should be correct.

2. Your outgoing should be set according to the current beta test described here: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=46014

3. Could you tell me which model phone you bought that supports IMAP directly?

As StevenUnderwood suggests (or maybe I'm walking the dog a bit further down the road?) .. not all cell phones / connection plans actually handle a "direct" connection outside of that (cell phone) provider's network. Some would have you set 'that' e-mail account to pull in email from 'the other' accounts, some actually provide some 'direct net' access, other's package that 'novelty' up as a very expensive add-on .... but when it comes to handling e-mail, there are a lot of possibilities, configuration issues, etc. all depending on just how your phone does in fact 'access' the net ....

As StevenUnderwood suggests (or maybe I'm walking the dog a bit further down the road?) .. not all cell phones / connection plans actually handle a "direct" connection outside of that (cell phone) provider's network. Some would have you set 'that' e-mail account to pull in email from 'the other' accounts, some actually provide some 'direct net' access, other's package that 'novelty' up as a very expensive add-on .... but when it comes to handling e-mail, there are a lot of possibilities, configuration issues, etc. all depending on just how your phone does in fact 'access' the net ....

Thanks for your reply. I bough thw W850. Is quite good, but I think the problem lies in the 'push' technology. I cannot connect to the mail server, but using another software (jar) I can get the IMAP

I thought that the 'Beta' went down with the closure of the delta2.cesmail.net project ... :)

There were actually three separate Beta projects in the works .... however the 'upgraded' Horde/OMP webmail app was rolled back to the previous code amd server ... and taking that 'new' server with the upfraded code off-line also removed the Beta 'mobile' interface/connetion, as that was also part of the upgraded Horde/IMP software .... The SMTP Beta is on a different server, nothing to do with Horde/OMP codebase ....

Not to harp to much more, but one will note that all three items have their own separate Announcement entries (and follow-in discussion/status notes .....)

Archived