[Resolved] Not Getting Any Email! (mac.com)

All, I have not gotten an email in my Spamcop account since 10:09 p.m. on Thursday. Test emails I send to my account do not get delievered, nor do they bounce. Strangely, spam is being held for me just fine. But, real email isn't being held or being delievered. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

All, I have not gotten an email in my Spamcop account since 10:09 p.m. on Thursday. Test emails I send to my account do not get delievered, nor do they bounce. Strangely, spam is being held for me just fine. But, real email isn't being held or being delievered. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Check your blacklist however mail should end up in held folder

Turn off forwarding (FROM SpamCop) and "pop" pop.spamcop.net directly

Send email from smtp.cesmail.net (check "My server requires authentication" or similar) change SMTP port to 587

Then start using your SpamCop email address as a reply only allowing your ISP's become defunct

(never automatically accept an ISP's email address. They are mainly useless and incompetent)

Your SpamCop email address is the only one you will ever need

Just gotten my answer from Spamcop's Wenmail login page:

[23:06 EDT] It appears that the mac.com email service is not accepting email from us. If you use them and are missing email, it might be useful to send mac.com a note and ask them why they are not allowing incoming email from us. In the meantime, we'd suggest turning off all forwarding to mac.com. You can POP from us just as easily. If they start accepting emails from us again, the thousands of messages we have queued here will be delivered.

Just gotten my answer from Spamcop's Wenmail login page:

[23:06 EDT] It appears that the mac.com email service is not accepting email from us. If you use them and are missing email, it might be useful to send mac.com a note and ask them why they are not allowing incoming email from us. In the meantime, we'd suggest turning off all forwarding to mac.com. You can POP from us just as easily. If they start accepting emails from us again, the thousands of messages we have queued here will be delivered.

So my reply is valid

Start using your SpamCop email address as a reply only allowing your ISP's become defunct

(never automatically accept an ISP's email address. They are mainly useless and incompetent)

Check your blacklist however mail should end up in held folder

That link only works if you're already signed into a SC webmail session, BTW, and I'm not sure what that would have to do with this, in that blacklist entries are entered manually, so if a user hasn't entered any of the domains from which they wish to receive mail there, it won't have any effect on incoming mail.

Maybe so, but a bit of an over-generalizion, IMO, and not really an answer to this topic (perhaps you could put these things in your sig instead, petzl?

However, there's a FAQ item that might have been helpful (I see that the OP has already discovered the "mac.com" issue):

I clicked on the pinned item titled "Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting" then scrolled down to "SpamCop Email System & Accounts" where I found an item titled "Why can't I receive any email?" -

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/354.html

DT

I just sent myself two emails from the spamcop webmail interface to two of my mac.com email addresses and they both were received in a matter of under a minute.

These two emails were definitely from my email address at spamcop, with the spamcop return address.

I report this because when I logged on this afternoon there was an SC note that mac.com was not receiving email from spamcop. The SC message was dated yesterday, so mac.com is currently receiving SC email, at least from my account.

This 'new' Topic was merged into an existing discussion, as it also references issues at mac.com ....

But what about mail that's automatically forwarded from from a user's SC email account to a "mac.com" account? While that probably *should* behave in the same manner, it's possible that it doesn't, and I'm pretty sure that's the type of delivery problems referenced in the message.

DT

But what about mail that's automatically forwarded from from a user's SC email account to a "mac.com" account? While that probably *should* behave in the same manner, it's possible that it doesn't, and I'm pretty sure that's the type of delivery problems referenced in the message.

DT

I just set up an SC forward to one of my mac aliases and sent several emails to my SC account from several different email accounts and two different ISPs

It first appeared that all the email did get lost; but just a few minutes ago they all appeared on my mac account.

The delay was about 3 hours. Checking the headers, this delay appears to be between the SC sending/outgoing server and the mac mail system. SC incoming email received and forwarded the mail almost immediately to the SC outgoing server.

This does not resolve the problem, but my mail did not get lost. It may be possible that the problem has been resolved and I just received the "stuck" email.

On Monday night around 10 p.m., all my Spamcop email came forwarding into my .Mac account. So, the problem seems to be fixed.

I'm glad that problem is fixed. But, the utter lack of communication from Apple is pretty annoying.

In typical .Mac style, this problem isn't mentioned in the System Status log and the the Status for Mail was Green throughout the problem. Apple also hasn't responded to the email I sent to tech support yesterday.

Archived