Headers not found - Missing X-SpamCop-Conf

Hello,

I'm new to SpamCop. I've been getting this error message when I paste the body of the email to configure my mailhosts:

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers not found.

Ok, I have two servers with two spam catching emails on both. I want to use both of them to report to SpamCop. They both have near identical set ups but the problem is that when I paste the body of the email for the second email, i get "Headers not found.".

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird to capture the headers (CTRL-U).

The only difference I see is that the second email address doesnt have the X-SpamCop-Conf header attached.

What should I do in this case?

Sorry if this has been posted already but I'm not really sure what to do with this.

... I'm new to SpamCop. I've been getting this error message when I paste the body of the email to configure my mailhosts...
Hi RocketX, welcome. I don't quite follow where you're up to with this. Sounds more like a parsing (reporting) issue to me. Back to your situation. You've configured mailhosts and received back the SC probe email? If that doesn't sound familiar, there are a heap of references to the process under Original SpamCop FAQ & Added Forum Items (link) - just go to the "SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service" section, scroll down to "How do I configure Mailhosts for SpamCop?" and the links under. One such is the topic Mailhosts Typical Questions. If you have been through that process and set up the mailhosts successfully you just have a parsing issue - you need to give us the Tracking URL so that someone can assist with resolving that. And we would move this topic to the Reporting Help forum.

I'm new to SpamCop. I've been getting this error message when I paste the body of the email to configure my mailhosts:

Sorry, I don't grok the "paste the body" part of the sequence. To the best of my knowledge, it's the headers that actually count ... as the end goal is to identify the chain of servers involved in your e-mal delivery .. the 'body' would contain none of that data ...????

Ok, I have two servers with two spam catching emails on both. I want to use both of them to report to SpamCop. They both have near identical set ups

Not defined .... Domain names anywhere similar?

Is one a primary, the other a backup?

Just different Gateways?

but the problem is that when I paste the body of the email for the second email, i get "Headers not found.".

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird to capture the headers (CTRL-U).

These two sentences don't seem to go together for some reason ...???

The only difference I see is that the second email address doesnt have the X-SpamCop-Conf header attached.

What should I do in this case?

Sorry if this has been posted already but I'm not really sure what to do with this.

If the same Domain name is involved, you've already accomplished the main effort, as the issue isn't "e-mail addreeses" .. it's the host servers involved.

If it's something else, then the instructions/guidance offered in the (attempted) FAQ entry and the Pinned items need to be followed .... that database and the intricacies involved can only be touched by the three identified paid-staff members.

There is a step-by-step FAQ entry here on running through the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account ... Have you looked at that entry yet?

Pinned item: Mailhost Update, New Confirmation Procedure

".... leads to a webform where you can copy/paste in the complete headers from the probe and also the body of the probe ..."

seems to suggest some missing data involved, per your description ....

Thank you both for your responses. Forgive my ignorance as I thought this would be a simple task and Yes, I'm trying to Configure Mailhost for SpamCop.

I admin two Email Servers call them MX1 and MX2 (on TWO different IPs). The two servers both act as Primary and Backup Server but that depends on the domain name that's using it. I have two different domain names using each server as a Primary, call them DomainA and DomainB.

For DomainA: MX1 is primary -> MX2 is the backup.

For DomainB: MX2 is primary -> MX1 is the backup.

The current setup routes mail delivered to the backup server back to the primary.

I have ONE email account on each server that catches spam for me.

spam.catcher[at]domainA

spam.catcher[at]domainB

I hope that's clear, now to my problem:

I use "spam.catcher[at]domainA" as the first email to set up my mailhosts.

Since I have two servers, I will receive two configuration emails. The first will be sent directly to the first server listed in the MX record (MX1), the second will be sent to MX2 then routed internally to MX1.

I process the first email's headers on the "Return mailhost configuration test email". I paste the whole email including Header + Body and that works fine.

I process the second email's headers on the same page and I receive the Error. I do exactly the same thing, but it tells me I'm missing headers. I've tried removing the body, but it then tells me it's missing some other information "Confirmation codes do not match" or "Mangled body" etc.

Alternatively, I have tried to use "spam.catcher[at]domainB" and tried to configure the email that comes directly to that server (MX2). But I get the same error.

So really, I can get one server listed as a mailhost, but I can't seem to get the other one listed.

Maybe clear, maybe confusing ...????

All I've got to work with thus far is your posting IP address ... I can't get enough data there to actually clear anything up ...

Bogus rDNS on that IP address itself

Best I can work out there leaves me looking at;

Addresses in g-node.com.au used to send email - Showing 1 - 15 out of 15

But all listed are sub-Domains of g-node.com.au ....

If you're not comfortable with posting actual data, you'll have to contact the paid-staff directly ....

I do know that I had some data in my attempted FAQ that dealt with (user) problems with back-up servers ....

Sorry Wazoo, it has nothing to do with my home IP address, I also apologise for confusing you more. But I've now deleted all the mailhosts I had available in my account and started fresh.

I used one of the email address I used before and entered in the mail server name. It lists the two servers that are listed in my MX records for that domain. I clicked OK and the two emails were sent to my email address.

I processed only one of emails and now it has added BOTH mailhosts (mx1.domain and mx2.domain). Both IPs are now listed as Relaying IPs (203.144.4.xx and 203.144.5.xxx).

I don't really know how this happened as it wasnt doing this before. It would only list 1 server in the "Mailhosts" area. Any Ideas of why its working now (apparently)?

I don't really know how this happened as it wasnt doing this before. It would only list 1 server in the "Mailhosts" area. Any Ideas of why its working now (apparently)?

I can only make an assumpton based on what little data you've provided .. somehow you managed this last time to pock he e-mail that traversed both servers, so both were seen "in sequence" ....

Of you'd foind / looled at my attempted FAQ, you'd have seen that it was basically aborted as I couldn't get the needed help from the three folks that have their hands on the data and actually handle the issues .... it was stated that "there are no FAQ type answers" .... yet I have three more questions/answer items to add that I snagged yesterday while searching for something else ... apparently a huge difference in basic philosophy, but .....

Tis Topic coud be a FAQ entry to help the next person with the same type of issue, but .... lack of details doesn't give me the information needed to compose a good question or attempt a coplete / correct answer .... then again, if the issue was actually a "sequencing" problem, then perhaps it really is already exlained in the 'chart' but some additional clarification is needed ...????

Archived