SpamAssassin v3.1.0 on one spam, and v.3.1.1 on another?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a number of days now

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1183038094z5...;action=display

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z118303729...;action=display

Day before with SpamAssasin on example

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1183034019z2...;action=display

[Moderator edit - one mailsc converted to www - Farelf]

Hi!

...Since I am not a SpamCop e-mail subscriber, I won't be able to be of much help. However, I can tell you that you are the only user who is able to see the web pages whose URLs you posted, so please come up with another way to convey the information. Perhaps if you convert the reportid to a Tracking URL? There's a SpamCop FAQ entry that tells how to do that.

...Good luck!

This is being moved to the current thread on the same subject. No answer yet from JT.

Bad news! Now it seems that the SpamAssassin on "filter8.cesmail.net" isn't active. Some spams have been delivered straight to my inbox and they're missing these header lines:

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.4 (2006-07-26) on filter8

X-spam-Level:

X-spam-Status:

The failure seems to have happened between "4 Jan 2007 15:03:00 -0000" and "4 Jan 2007 17:50:48 -0000"

Someone with a more direct line to JT should get his attention on this ASAP.

DT

Could someone PM the email address of the deputies and/or this individual JT, if possible? I wouldn't mind forwarding issues I come up with during SC usage to them, if they accept it from regular SC mail subscribers.

([at]Wazoo: Sorry, I did check the FAQ but only saw a contact form for ISPs emailing the deputies) :P

<snip>

Could someone PM the email address of the deputies and/or this individual JT, if possible? I wouldn't mind forwarding issues I come up with during SC usage to them, if they accept it from regular SC mail subscribers.

([at]Wazoo: Sorry, I did check the FAQ but only saw a contact form for ISPs emailing the deputies) :P

Hi, jongrose!

...If you navigate to the "SpamCop Forum" click the link labeled "How can I contact a SpamCop representative?" you go to a page with a long list of links, including a section entitled "Other reasons for contact."

...JT's e-mail address is in Jeff G's first reply in SpamCop Forum thread "Unable to renew subscription."

...Good luck and thank you for volunteering!

I would love to get the specifics on this ....

Just which FAQ was looked at specifically?

The issue on this specific data item is now just so overdone (in my head at least)

the SpamCop FAQ "here"

in the Announcements section

in the Red-Lettered link to the 'Latest' stuff

in the Wiki

on the Portal

in the half-dozen other FAQ attempts that have been installed, removed, quit working, etc.

the countless postings which contain just that data

This is another one of those spots where I'm asking just how it could not be found .. remembering that some folks complain about too much Pinned data, FAQ has too much data, too many places tagged as "read first" .. on and on and on ...

and for the love of Gawd and all that's holy, I am not calling you stupid .... which seems to be the typical response to me asking this question .... it's just that this data exists in so many places, under several 'titles' .. it is just hard for me to come up with how it is not something that is easily found ..

ignoring the scenario in which when someone says "I checked 'the' FAQ" . they are talking about the Original/Official one that caused all these others to be created in the first place ....

I would love to get the specifics on this ....

Wazoo, relax, I was just joking with you. :) You always seem to be so serious and angry with everyone for not reading the FAQ.

So, just relax, you work to hard on these boards. I know how aggravating it can be to be a moderator. So, have a break once and a while.

valium2xh4.jpg

Anyway, sorry if I pissed you off. :blush:

Wazoo, relax, I was just joking with you. :) You always seem to be so serious and angry with everyone for not reading the FAQ.

You have not pissed him off, but you also did NOT answer the question asked?

Exactly WHERE did you look for the email address before posting?

Hellooooooo! Anyone home???? Can we please get back to the issue at hand? The server I identified is still NOT doing any SA analysis on the mail it's handling. I sent an email yesterday to the "support" address and haven't heard back. That's why I asked for others to contact JT also, but nobody has mentioned doing so.

None of the messages that "filter8" has processed on my behalf since yesterday have been subjected to SA analysis....and that's supposed to be the current issue.

DT

Hellooooooo! Anyone home???? Can we please get back to the issue at hand? The server I identified is still NOT doing any SA analysis on the mail it's handling. I sent an email yesterday to the "support" address and haven't heard back. That's why I asked for others to contact JT also, but nobody has mentioned doing so.

None of the messages that "filter8" has processed on my behalf since yesterday have been subjected to SA analysis....and that's supposed to be the current issue.

David, Please clam down. Sometimes JT takes 2-3 days (or more) to get back to people. I have sent several messages to him and just sent another.

In my emails, I simply state what is wrong in the subject: Filter8-SpamAssassin not working?

And send a link to this conversation and thank him. Short and sweet.

David, Please clam down.

Sorry, I've never cared much for clams, so I think I'll pass. ;-)

Sometimes JT takes 2-3 days (or more) to get back to people.

*If* he responds. I've had important messages go unanswered, but YMMV.

In my emails, I simply state what is wrong in the subject: Filter8-SpamAssassin not working?

And send a link to this conversation and thank him.

I did all that. I posted here to get others to do likewise, and didn't see any confirmation...until now...that anyone had done so. Instead, I saw more of the usual prattle about the multitude of FAQ and "read this" links....but I'm calm. :-)

DT

I posted here to get others to do likewise, and didn't see any confirmation...until now...that anyone had done so. Instead, I saw more of the usual prattle about the multitude of FAQ and "read this" links....but I'm calm. :-)

DT

...One of the nice things about web-based forums like this (also newsgroups, although the ones I've used seem less prone to it) is that if one wishes, one can go off on little side tangents and someone else can come along and pull the conversation back to the main point! :) <g>

SpamAssasin still not checking some email

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1185280394z3...7ebdfd43f19ea3z

On January 3 when that message you replied to was posted, it (filter7 which we were talking about there) was working again because JT had just fixed it. It is still working as far as I can see. filter8 was also working at least an hour after that post was made (Jan 3 2007, 01:10 PM EST).

SpamAssassin has been up and down on filter7 and 8 sporadically since the new year. Currently, filter8 appears to be off and that is the message I last sent to JT:

These are all EST

filter8 with spamassassin

14:00 1/3/2007

18:02 1/2/2007

13:34 1/2/2007

filter8 without spamassassin

22:14 1/4/2007

filter7 with spamassassin

08:42 1/5/2007

09:21 1/4/2007

04:06 1/4/2007

20:01 1/3/2007

10:19 1/3/2007

08:32 1/3/2007

23:11 1/2/2007

16:59 1/1/2007

filter7 without spamassassin

20:04 1/2/2007

07:39 1/2/2007

Currently, filter8 appears to be off

Not any longer. Many hours ago, I posted this response in the other topic about this:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=52976

SA was restored on "filter8" a few hours after petzl's message, and I never heard back from JT. My two paid email accounts are up for renewal, and this kind of thing (the lack of response) makes me consider whether I should bother to renew them or not.

DT

SA was restored on "filter8" a few hours after petzl's message, and I never heard back from JT. My two paid email accounts are up for renewal, and this kind of thing (the lack of response) makes me consider whether I should bother to renew them or not.

Seems the spam leakage has stopped (knock wood) I think it was a combination of SCBL not being updated and SpamAssasin (SA) missing a beat (I have SA set at 5)

Exactly WHERE did you look for the email address before posting?

Actually, I can't find now where it was. I did a search on all the forum sections for "deputies" and I believe I came to an sticky/faq post that had a link to contact the deputies through an online web form, which said it was for ISPs to contact the deputies - which I didn't notice until after I had sent the email.

Anyway, sorry for going O/T.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, confirmed. It seems to have died this morning, sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 am PST. I'll try to send a message to JT, but others (Steven U and Wazoo, maybe more) seem to have their messages opened by JT right away. Let's all send a message to support at cesmail.net and see who gets his attention first....the shotgun approach. :-)

DT

Archived