What am I doing wrong?

technet

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, I have just signed up so a newbie.

I am forwarding all my spam that has just started getting sent to me for some reason, to the email address supplied from spamcop, I have made sure that they are attachments but I keep getting "SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email" on all of the ones I send, they are irritating spams so whats the deal?

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong...
Hi technet.

Well, you need to give us some clues. You're not using Outlook are you? If you are, you might look at other postings like: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=39484

If you're not, look at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ounce&id=11 for some tips on the sort of things you might need to tell us about.

I am forwarding all my spam that has just started getting sent to me for some reason, to the email address supplied from spamcop, I have made sure that they are attachments but I keep getting "SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email" on all of the ones I send, they are irritating spams so whats the deal?

The most common problem to cause this result is that you are failing to forward the message as an attachment. This is easier to do in some mail programs than others. As Farelf notes, Outlook seems to make this particularly cumbersome. Tell us more about the software and process and we'll be able to advise.

Please remember, too, that to benefit from your reporting you need to make use of a flitering (preferred) or blocking process using the SCBL. Many new folk arrive to participate in reporting but don't realise that reporting simply helps those who use the block list to filter their incoming spam.

So welcome along. Thanks for taking time to report. Once you get settled with a working system you'll be helping BL users immensely.

Andrew

Thanks for that, now I know what might be causing the trouble I looked at the forums for "outlook" as this is my email client, it is not connected to exchange just local, pasting each email would take to long so I will look at the workarounds or bring in with another client, these spammers are damn annoying and I don't even know how they get the emails to spam me on as my system is clean!

Archived