Using the Spamcop BL

mrmaxx

Does SpamCop provide different return status codes based on whether it's an open relay or confirmed spam source, etc?

Also, does anyone have any other block-lists they recommend? I've got the SpamHaus XBL and the bl.csma.biz in addition to SpamCop. Anyone have any others that would be good to use for checking? I don't know if we get a lot of "foreign" spam, so I haven't added Korea or China, etc yet.

Thanks

Does SpamCop provide different return status codes based on whether it's an open relay or confirmed spam source, etc?

Spamcop does not test or list for open relay. The only reason any IP would be on SpamCop's list is that messages have been reported as spam from that source, either by human reporters or by spamtraps.

no

Also, does anyone have any other block-lists they recommend?

many folks have posted their list of filters within this Forum structure. Suggest searching for one or more of the various BLs to see if you can find a few of these previous posts ...

Archived