First Blocked Notice. Coincedence??

joe

I have been receiving spam like crazy. My friend recommended reporting it to SpamCop. I did. Now I am blocked from sending emails to my clients, MY CLIENTS !!, that I email on a diaily basis. Clients that I MUST be able to email on a daily basis. Except now, merely days after logging a report with SpamCop, I am bounced by Realtime Blackhole List. I could not be more upset! I can not do business! What a supreme disaster! I do not know what to do and I am not very computer savvy! Please help me if you can! Thank you

-Joe

<snip>

Now I am blocked from sending emails to my clients, MY CLIENTS !!, that I email on a diaily basis. Clients that I MUST be able to email on a daily basis.

<snip>

Joe,

...You may wish to rethink your strategy for communicating with your clients. Although highly reliable, internet e-mail has never been, is not now, nor is it likely to be in the near future a guaranteed delivery mechanism. Wise enterprises have alternative means of communicating with their customers.

...Also, many e-mail providers simply drop suspected spam rather than return a message to alert you that it has not been delivered. Thus, things could be much worse -- you could have thought you were reaching your customers but not have been! Therefore, IMHO you owe a "thank you" to those clients' e-mail providers who sent you the rejection notices.

...Finally, it might, indeed, not be a coincidence that you started being blocked only after you started reporting to SpamCop. Occasionally, people reporting via SpamCop wind up reporting their own provider. Please see SpamCop FAQ (link near top left of each Forum page) item labeled "Why does SpamCop want to send a report to my own network administrator?" for more detailed information. There are also quite a number of SpamCop Forum threads discussing this because a number of other people have had this happen to them.

My friend recommended reporting it to SpamCop. I did.

Technically, you "submit" your spam to SpamCop.net. "You" are the one that selects/approves the outgoing "Reports" ...

Now I am blocked from sending emails to my clients, MY CLIENTS !!, that I email on a diaily basis. Clients that I MUST be able to email on a daily basis. Except now, merely days after logging a report with SpamCop, I am bounced by Realtime Blackhole List.

RBL is a Trademarked item by MAPS. Not associated with SpamCop.net.

I could not be more upset! I can not do business! What a supreme disaster! I do not know what to do and I am not very computer savvy! Please help me if you can!

As posted in several places in the attempt to "allow us to help you" .. things like the IP address in question are needed .. Copy of the rejection notice may (or may not) help [dependes on the configuration settings made by the rejecting ISP] Tracking URLs of your previously reported spam may be helpful ...

Now I am blocked from sending emails to my clients, MY CLIENTS !!, that I email on a diaily basis. Clients that I MUST be able to email on a daily basis. Except now, merely days after logging a report with SpamCop, I am bounced by Realtime Blackhole List.

Could it be that you got your own ISP blacklisted? This could happen for example, if you have not configured your mail hosts properly. Please go to www.spamcop.net and click on the mailhosts link and then configure your mailhosts so that your ISP will not get blacklisted.

raju

Archived