Send Email to trigger report held mail as spam

spiralocean

Hello,

I'm using Mac Mail IMAP to look at my held folder. It's so cool to be able to scan my held mail in Mail, and if I need to, move a false spam from the held directly to my mailbox. I can also set my mac Mail spam rules to move spam to my held folder on the server instead of on my junk mailbox.

Once a day I'll log into my held mail to report the spam.

I've already reviewed it from my Mac Mail program.

What I would like, is to be able to send an email to my account that tells smapcop to report all held mail as spam.

¢¢

Once a day I'll log into my held mail to report the spam.

I've already reviewed it from my Mac Mail program.

What I would like, is to be able to send an email to my account that tells smapcop to report all held mail as spam.

Not sure how an e-mail to smapcop would have any bearing on a spamcop e-mail folder <g>

Bit the question has to be asked, seeing as how others spent the tume working on them ... have you checked either of the recently suggested Apple Mail / Safari scripts, tossed up by other users?

Not sure how an e-mail to smapcop would have any bearing on a spamcop e-mail folder <g>

Bit the question has to be asked, seeing as how others spent the tume working on them ... have you checked either of the recently suggested Apple Mail / Safari scripts, tossed up by other users?

I did a search, and found a thread with some scripts. But those scripts are almost too much work compared to using the IMAP.

It's really cool how this works!

I IMAP from Mail.

On my local computer, I have my spamcop account, with two subfolders, Held Mail & Trash.

Just by clicking on the held folder from my local computer I can see all my held mail.

If I find a piece of mail that is not spam, i just drag it to my top lever folder. It moves out of my held mail.

If I have spam in my inbox, I click on the Junk Mail button, and it moves the mail message to my held mail folder on the server.

After reviewing all mail, I go to the SpamCop web mail, then go to my held mail folder. Click on the select all button, and click on the report as spam URL.

All messages are reported as spam! No hassel.

It's extremely easy. The one step I am trying to cut out, is going to the SpamCop WebMail interface. If I could send an email to spamcop, or my inbox, with a special subject line, spamcop could automatically report all mail in my held mail as spam.

I've already checked the held mail for false positives from my local email program.

I don't think I recall you typing this up and posting it up in the How to Use ... SpamCop Reporting Forum section to help out other Mac/Apple-Mail users ... Would you? You did the work, take the credit <g>

(SpellCheck should work for you also <g>)

I don't think I recall you typing this up and posting it up in the How to Use ... SpamCop Reporting Forum section to help out other Mac/Apple-Mail users ... Would you? You did the work, take the credit <g>

(SpellCheck should work for you also <g>)

I'd be happy to. Thanks Wazoo.

Archived