Hotmail pickup ....

Seems like HOTMAIL pickup went down sometime Saturday... It is saying invalid password for me... Password is correct... Manually tried it...and error count continues to go up...

Should we be posting these type errors here? or sending a notification else where?

Nope, this is the place that JT said he'd be monitoring. Now the catch is, is this problem massive or only the two of you so far? Personally, my OE / Hotmail connection has been working all along (and for the g6cid poster, Hotmail doesn't do POP)

Just tried the following:

1) Look [at] Hotmail ... 2 pieces in INBOX...

2) Look at SPAMCOP setup... Setup correct.. Error count still increasing...

3) Double-checked HOTMAIL by looking at mail from PCS phone ... same userid/password... yup mail still there...

4) Back to SPAMCOP... count still going up

5) Deleted and re-Add HOTMAIL with same parms as before and known Userid/passord...

6) Error count was back to 0 and then began increasing....

7) Must be an issue on one or more blades.

Yahoo is/has been receiving fine...no problems

Haven't heard anything from JT, but as more and more are chiming in here, it's a pretty good guess that when he checks in, there will be some kind of answer provided here, (or Hotmail will just start working again, for whatever mystical reason <g>)

just to add my 2 cents, my hotmail accounts (5 accounts that had been working good for the last 6 months) are not working! Invalid password error and counter was at 176 before I reset it. There is Email sit at hotmail to pick up. and I can access it through outlook so passwords are not the problem. Oh all other pop accounts work fine.

Monday morning here and hotmail pick is still down! Is there any where that I should report this, or is some one monitoring this form and can get feed back on what is going on? Because I don't see any thing on the system news identifing a problem. And I do beleve there is a problem with Hotmail or Spamcop. Any feed back from someone that knows would be GREAT!

JT wrote me "the hotmail problem should be fixed now. I kicked the machine." All seven of my Hotmail and MSN accounts are now showing "Error Count: 0" and "Last Error: Invalid password". I'm going to wait until "Error Count: 1" before concluding that it's still broken.

Is there any where that I should report this, or is some one monitoring this form and can get feed back on what is going on

This is the place that JT was going to monitor. But, and now seeing that it took JeffG to ring the bell, guess my notifications don't count either ... At any rate, per JeffG's last, problem was seen by someone, someone read the notifies, and problem is now resolved.

If it's of any value, been sitting here playing with an iBook, finally got all the software updated on it, pulled the ethernet cable, got the airport module configured, so finally got to the point of setting up an e-mail account on it. Sent an e-mail from the iBook to another HotMail account .. worked just fine ... However, over on the Windows machine, I hit Reply: ... got an error message from HotMail that it didn't like the authorization method used...??? sit there and pondered that one a bit, then just hit "Send:" again, and it went on its way ..???

All seven of my Hotmail and MSN accounts are showing "Error Count: 235" and "Last Error: Invalid password".  JT has been notified.

I can confirm the exact same symptom. I notified JT again. My Error Count currently stands at 92.

JT wrote me that he had reset it, but he can't test from where he is. I now have "Error Count: 0" but still "Last Error: Invalid password". I'll be checking until it's fixed.

Archived