Subject of last spam reported...

olspookishmagus

Greetings and many thanks to SpamCop for it's great value in service...

This is my first post about, and I would like to propose for a new feature. I am trying to help by reporting every single spam that comes to my university mail account and sometimes due to the ammount of the spam (60-70 spam messages, daily) I get confused of whether I have reported a particullar spam message. Therefore just to make sure I won't double-report any spam message I have to click the Past Reports button and then enter the View recent reports I will have to find out my self whether I have reported that particullar spam or not. The problem is that this procedure takes longer than the usual one.

So, here's what I propose:

I've noticed that as soon as you report a spam and you return to the Report spam screen the recipients of the last report as being showed, just like this:

spam report id 2049559831 sent to: abuse[at]foo.net.br
/dev/null'ing report for postmaster#foo.net.tr[at]devnull.spamcop.net
spam report id 2049559834 sent to: spamcop[at]spamhaterz.com

Report another spam?

Couldn't the Subject of the last spam message reported being showed there just like it shows from the View recent reports? That would really boost my performance. I also note that this the information about the recipients of the last report sent is lost you you click again on the Report spam button that's how I would like this requested information to be shown, only when you come to the Report spam page after sending out a spam report.

Thanks in advance.

<snip>

Couldn't the Subject of the last spam message reported being showed there just like it shows from the View recent reports? That would really boost my performance. I also note that this the information about the recipients of the last report sent is lost you you click again on the Report spam button that's how I would like this requested information to be shown, only when you come to the Report spam page after sending out a spam report.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

...You don't already get that? Here's a snipped from my most recent parse, with the relevant bits highlighted in bold green:

SpamCop v 1.603 Copyright © 1998-2006, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1155755783z0...f7d6aabf86aff0z

Skip to Reports

Received: from usea-nagw2.na.uis.unisys.com ([129.224.72.18]) by uspl-exch1.na.uis.unisys.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Tue, 5 Dec 2006 04:02:18 -0500

MIME-Version: 1.0

<snip>

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message

Subject: foam damaged

Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 04:01:00 -0500

Message-ID: <0003______________________0000[at]Annie>

X-MS-Has-Attach:

X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:

Thread-Topic: foam damaged

Thread-Index: AccYTCNT9yLExK2UQByGtxppaw73oA==

To: <snip>

<snip>

Report another spam?

<snip>

I get that in the screen before I press the Send spam report(s) Now! button in the following format:

Please make sure this email IS spam:
From: "Oscarhdm Landis" &lt;qhegmept[at]4u.com.gh&gt; (Stock News Blast a)
 This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
 ------=_NextPart_001_0003_00F5C22D.D85B2EB0

But in the following screen I only read:

spam report id 2050828206 sent to: daasante[at]ghanatel.com.gh
spam report id 2050828231 sent to: mnfodzo[at]ghanatel.com.gh
spam report id 2050828244 sent to: kwarteng[at]ghanatel.com.gh
spam report id 2050828253 sent to: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

and not the subject of the the spam these reports were sent for.

I get that in the screen before I press the Send spam report(s) Now! button in the following format:

Please make sure this email IS spam:
From: "Oscarhdm Landis" &lt;qhegmept[at]4u.com.gh&gt; (Stock News Blast a)
 This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
 ------=_NextPart_001_0003_00F5C22D.D85B2EB0

But in the following screen I only read:

spam report id 2050828206 sent to: daasante[at]ghanatel.com.gh
spam report id 2050828231 sent to: mnfodzo[at]ghanatel.com.gh
spam report id 2050828244 sent to: kwarteng[at]ghanatel.com.gh
spam report id 2050828253 sent to: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

and not the subject of the the spam these reports were sent for.

...That's very odd. Do you have the "Show technical details" option set (it's near the "Process spam" button)? Would you please share with us a tracking URL for a parse from which the Subject is missing?

...That's very odd. Do you have the "Show technical details" option set (it's near the "Process spam" button)? Would you please share with us a tracking URL for a parse from which the Subject is missing?

Steve:

What is being requested is that the subject be repeated after the reports have been sent (on the next screen with the Report Now link is shown).

Why that is needed I do not understand. The only time I could see that being useful is if someone's submit procedure could double submit a specific message, in which case, the procedure should be modified.

olspookishmagus: You are aware that multiple copies of spam with the same subject are reportable, correct? Often, you will get multiple spam from different sources, with the same subject.

Exactly! :)

What I am requesting is that the subject of the spam reported to be re-displayed after the spam reports have been sent, along with the information where were the reports sent.

This will be really usefull for me and boost my performance, because along with spam reporting I also do other tasks while reporting spam and there are moments in which I am not sure whether I have reported a particullar spam. Then if I don't want to risk sending double spam reports, which you encourage not to do, I have to go to the Past Reports and then enter the View recent reports which takes a while and slows my spam report sending spree.

StevenUnderwood: Thanks for clearing this out for me and of course I am aware of that. A very nice example is the many many spam I received with the same subject EQSE News recently, they drove me nuts and I have reported them all. This particullar issue you mentioned is also making me wonder whether I should request that along with the subject of the spam reported that the sender of the spam to be re-displayed after the spam reports have been sent.

StevenUnderwood: Thanks for clearing this out for me and of course I am aware of that. A very nice example is the many many spam I received with the same subject EQSE News recently, they drove me nuts and I have reported them all. This particullar issue you mentioned is also making me wonder whether I should request that along with the subject of the spam reported that the sender of the spam to be re-displayed after the spam reports have been sent.

But, if you only submit a message once and delete it or move it elsewhere once you have submitted it, there is no chance of reporting twice.

Maybe if you describe your procedure, it would help to see where you could possibly be submitting messages twice.

It seems I am asking too much.

Making a post of how am I doing this and why I get confused about whether I have submitted the spam message in my INBOX will make no sense. But I can tell it must be because I am bored to do 70 spam reports a day, and only have my INBOX tab and the spamcop tab open. When I get to the nag screen I always look on other windows.

Anyway, I have found a way that will somehow resolve this issue. I changed the way the e-mails are sorted in my INBOX in the weird way of having the older ones, on top. Now deleting a message moves on to the next one. I guess I just have to get used to it.

<snip>When I get to the nag screen I always look on other windows.

<snip>

...So it sounds to me as if you are submitting your spam by copying and pasting into the online form at http://www.spamcop.net/. If I am correct: is your e-mail service capable of forwarding (as attachments) more than one e-mail? If so, you can do it that way. Beware of the limits, though, which you (hopefully) can find in the SpamCop FAQ or via searching in the SpamCop Forums.

Archived