Wishlist "TOTLAL BLOCK"

Hello all

I dont wish to rub anyone up the wrong way OK :blush:

Can one have a TOTAL BLOCK ON held mail or TEAMKILL the spam or block it any ratemate,

unless its on ones whitelisting get in ?

seems to me the block all mail still leacking spammail to my webamil.spamcop, All is block but we still getting it

spam, ! :rolleyes: how does one STOP OR TOTAL BLOCK THE mail report this unlisted or spam .......

the settings are BLOCK ALL but it does`nt and its lecks or seeps in my held mail box !

So whats is spamcops Block All mail do ?? when i dont what it at all and not blocked !

can we have a block IP button ?

cyberblob :ph34r:

Can one have a TOTAL BLOCK ON held mail or TEAMKILL the spam or block it any ratemate,

unless its on ones whitelisting get in ?

Hi cyberblob!

I'm a bit confused by the question. Maybe it is because I'm not from Australia so don't follow the thrust of your question.

Even so, I think you may be asking about filtering in a SpamCop flat rate Email account. Is that correct? You may need to be aware that the filtering in the Email accounts only works from within the webmail interface. So you can create a filter but it won't be triggered until you login to the webmail interface.

If you're referring to the black and white lists, then these do work outside the webmail interface. Even so, the messages which are trapped by this means will be transferred to the held mail folder. You need to configure the black list to reject specific domains or Email addresses. I believe the white list is processed first so any address in your white list should bypass any subsequent blacklist check.

If, though, you're referring to a more general issue about white-listing and black-listing on a mail server then you'll need to give details of the server software in use. But that's not a function of the SpamCop BL. You'll find more information on implementing the SCBL in various FAQs.

Andrew

The short answer is that you cannot block or filter everything. I have >60% seeping by my filters. Only postini filtered spam gets high enough spam Assasin scores to go directly into my heldmail folder. I use SpamPal in my e-mail client to filter what seeps through, although it is very slow at times so I still have to resort to manual cut and paste to speed things up.

Can one have a TOTAL BLOCK ON held mail

If you get into your "Options" then "SpamCop Tools" and then the "Select your email filtering blacklists" section, you can enable the "Block All" setting.

That will block *all* email to you except for mail from the people on your SpamCop whitelist.

If you're depending on the filters to stop your spam, you have to understand that some spam is always going to get through. No filtering system can be 100% effective. Some are better than others.

- Don -

The short answer is that you cannot block or filter everything. I have >60% seeping by my filters. Only postini filtered spam gets high enough spam Assasin scores to go directly into my heldmail folder. I use SpamPal in my e-mail client to filter what seeps through, although it is very slow at times so I still have to resort to manual cut and paste to speed things up.

thanks for reply

its easy to understand where i`m coming from !

we are still getting spam mail which i dont need or want to report ether ok

I have a whitelist (yes), Block All is ON (yes), but..........we still getting spammail which is NOT releated To my whitelist getting in Or seeping/leaching/ozing into my heldmail which sould be a ALL BLOCKED unless on white list ! Should it not easy to understand ????

I`s seems to me that the ALL BLOCK All "quote" another is only 60% gasp is not ALL Block ???

Ok now its easy to say some gets in but why ?

If the whitelist is working for me we should have a TOTAL BLOCK should we not ?

cyberblob

to those whom dont understand please dont commnet !

[snip]

I`s seems to me that the ALL BLOCK All "quote" another is only 60% gasp is not ALL Block ???

Ok now its easy to say some gets in but why ?

If the whitelist is working for me we should have a TOTAL BLOCK should we not ?

cyberblob

to those whom dont understand please dont commnet !

http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/blacklists.php

I haven't heard of problems here (you need to log on) the only box checked on this page should be "Block All "

The only email then to get to "Inbox" will be on your whitelist

If not happening you need to contact JT to fix it

http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/blacklists.php

I haven't heard of problems here (you need to log on) the only box checked on this page should be "Block All "

The only email then to get to "Inbox" will be on your whitelist

If not happening you need to contact JT to fix it

http://mail.spamcop.net/contact.php

yes all that done ! whitelist done, all done ,

but still does not resolve my question !

cyberblob

thanks for reply

its easy to understand where i`m coming from !

we are still getting spam mail which i dont need or want to report ether ok

I have a whitelist (yes), Block All is ON (yes), but..........we still getting spammail which is NOT releated To my whitelist getting in Or seeping/leaching/ozing into my heldmail which sould be a ALL BLOCKED unless on white list ! Should it not easy to understand ????

What do your headers say why it is being allowed? Spamcop always states why it is allowing a message.

I have a whitelist (yes), Block All is ON (yes), but..........we still getting spammail
Look for the "X-SpamCop Disposition" line in the headers of the spam that is getting through the filters. It will tell you why the spam was allowed to pass the filteres.

I suspect you have something on your whitelist that is allowing the spam to get past the filters.

- Don -

:ph34r:

Look for the "X-SpamCop Disposition" line in the headers of the spam that is getting through the filters. It will tell you why the spam was allowed to pass the filteres.

I suspect you have something on your whitelist that is allowing the spam to get past the filters.

Well firstly Hi Don .....Should have email you directly ....

Ok good one ill have a look and see ....

by the way i had 80 spammers in one of my box`s today ! Ill check the "X-SpamCop Disposition - line in the headers" and see if ive got it .....

Happy New Year also to All at SPAMCOP :rolleyes:

CYBERBLOB

???? A handful of other folks have suggested/asked for header data, you reply that there is nothing of value in the header data. Somene else asks about a single line in the header data, and you state that this is a great idea, yet still provide nothing to all the other folks that took the time to try to help you out .... and to top that off, suggested point-of-contact pointed out being the guy that actually provides, runs, maintains the e-mail system is ignored ......

Archived