Test RBL Service Is Working

energylevel

With this post, moving to the support forum section for the BL ....

And as usual, the links at the top of this very page provide a way to get to the SpamCop FAQ which has a section devoted to the SpamCopDNSBL .... and your question is answered via a link there ....

SpamCop Blocking List Service

How do I configure my mailserver to reject mail based on the blocklist?

What is on the list?

How can I be de-listed

One-time automatic BL De-listing

How much does it cost?

Is it possible to download the entire blocklist?

How can I check if an IP is on the list?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Of course, the real question boils down to what tools you have available.

Also having to note the the term "RBL" is Registered, originally by MAPS .. nothing to do with SpamCop.net

With this post, moving to the support forum section for the BL ....
...Darn, forgot that -- thanks, Wazoo!
And as usual, the links at the top of this very page provide a way to get to the SpamCop FAQ which has a section devoted to the SpamCopDNSBL .... and your question is answered via a link there ....

SpamCop Blocking List Service

How do I configure my mailserver to reject mail based on the blocklist?

What is on the list?

How can I be de-listed

One-time automatic BL De-listing

How much does it cost?

Is it possible to download the entire blocklist?

How can I check if an IP is on the list?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<snip>

...Are we interpreting the OP's question correctly? I took it to mean: how do I test that my configuration of my mail server to reject [or sort/filter] incoming e-mail based on the SpamCop blacklist was done correctly; you seem to have interpreted it to mean: assuming I've configured my mail server correctly (to use the SpamCop blacklist to reject or sort or filter incoming e-mail), how do I know if a certain IP will be rejected/sorted/filtered.

...Darn, forgot that -- thanks, Wazoo!...Are we interpreting the OP's question correctly?

I was going with the "benefit of the doubt" factor .. if the poster was actually "running a server" .. making configuration changes, my expectation was that he/she would be able to check the log files to see what the (assumedly again) e-mail server was actually doing with the attempted transfers. So I was going with that the question was based on traffic "flowing" that should have been "stopped/handled/blocked/whatever" .. thus the IP address in question research mode .....

If he/she does not have access to or the ability to read the logs, there really isn't an answer available.

And just in case, whichever viewpoint is correct, the query has definitely been answered <g>

Archived