[Resolved] Reporting History not showing since yesterday

petzl

I find that report history is working BUT all old history (anything prior todays updgrade) appears to have been deleted.

Well it seems I am in error.

There appears to be a new entry on the report entry screen:

It is the drop down box found right under:

Report History:

and contains the followoing choices:

24 hours
    Last week
    Last 30 days
    Last 90 days

The default being last 24 hours.

changing the selection, I find that the older history is still there.

When selecting older reports, you are limited by the time frame window selected in the drop down box.

There appears to be a new entry on the report entry screen:

It is the drop down box found right under:

Report History:

and contains the followoing choices:

24 hours
    Last week
    Last 30 days
    Last 90 days

The default being last 24 hours.

That option showed up a few days ago at least. And I have the history as well.

It looks like quick reports using WebMail "Report as spam" do not show up in the history file but the "[spamCop] Quick reporting data" emails are being sent and received which do indicate that reports have been filed.

It looks like quick reports using WebMail "Report as spam" do not show up in the history file but the "[spamCop] Quick reporting data" emails are being sent and received which do indicate that reports have been filed.

I use VER to report spam and still not seeing any reports Quick or Full) made since yesterday thursday 4th Jan

Not even seeing IP's such as 87.162.104.83 being recorded for SCBL?

It looks like quick reports using WebMail "Report as spam" do not show up in the history file

That is how I report almost all my spam and the last quick report that has shown up on the Past Reports page is:

Submitted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 1:55:31 PM -0500:

Re: my hickor

The next spam I reported via quick report came into SpamCop via Yahoo/Popgate about 9PM. Not sure if I reported it last night or with this mornings garbage.

Received: from popgate.cesmail.net [192.168.1.201]

by mailgate.cesmail.net with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.1)

for x (single-drop); Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:10:07 -0500 (EST)

So some time between ~2PM (EST) yesterday and now, this did break. Reports pasted into the form are showing up. I have not used VER in a while now (not much slipping past SpamCop for me).

I use VER to report spam and still not seeing any reports Quick or Full) made since yesterday thursday 4th Jan

Not even seeing IP's such as 87.162.104.83 being recorded for SCBL?

BTW, have you brought this to the attention of the deputies? (I just did)

An IP (83.38.51.124) I reported testerday through the paste in form has been recorded in past reports, so something is definitely not working properly.

An IP (83.38.51.124) I reported testerday through the paste in form has been recorded in past reports, so something is definitely not working properly.

There's exactly one report on that IP from yesterday in the current "Report History:"

Submitted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:19:51 PM -0700:

Re: your azoti

* 2088817663 ( http://www.cvseclipsderinks.com/ ) To: anti-spam[at]ns.chinanet.cn.net

* 2088817561 ( http://www.cvseclipsderinks.com/ ) To: spam[at]jsinfo.net

* 2088817482 ( http://www.cvseclipsderinks.com/ ) To: abuse[at]public1.ptt.js.cn

* 2088817409 ( http://www.cvseclipsderinks.com/ ) To: abuse[at]jlonline.com

* 2088817322 ( http://www.cvseclipsderinks.com/ ) To: ct-abuse[at]abuse.sprint.net

* 2088817228 ( http://www.cvseclipsderinks.com/ ) To: abuse[at]jsinfo.net

* 2088817142 ( 83.38.51.124 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

* 2088817049 ( 83.38.51.124 ) To: nemesys[at]telefonica.es

Perhaps that's the one that you're responsible for, Steven?

I won't report any more spam through the system because of a misinterpretation of the following SC rule by Don D'Minion, aka "Argyle," aka "SpamCopAdmin:"

Do not make any material changes to spam before submitting or parsing which may cause SpamCop to find a link, address or URL it normally would not, by design, find.

The change I was making using the web-based reporting form was to omit headers that were added by secondary and tertiary MTAs *after* the initial receipt of the spam on my behalf, in order to protect my privacy. The rule clearly doesn't address that, but Don threatened to punish me if I continued reporting in that manner, so I'm done reporting.

DT

BTW, have you brought this to the attention of the deputies? (I just did)

Just got a reply:

Thanks -- we are aware of the problem and I have notified engineering.

Ellen

SpamCop

Almost want to move this to the Reporting forum but have no confirmation email submissions are not working for non-email reporters. Man, why can't I get more spam ;)

To recap: Direct submissions to the web page seem to be working properly. Submissions through webmail "Report as spam" link and through VER (Quick and Full reporting) do not seem to be working properly. Submissions via email are presumably not working as well because they use the same method of submission as the "Report as spam" link, but confirmation would be nice.

By not working properly, I mean, the reports do not show up in the Past Reports of the reporting account and the Report History link for a previously reported IP address shows no recent history.

Ditto - last history January 05, 2007 06:39:32 +0900. A number of submissions since (12-13 hours after), both emailed to submit address and pasted in to the web page types have apparently absented themselves. The confirmation display appeared quite normal when individual reports were sent - report numbers and disposition/dispersal showing as usual.

F'rinstance data - here is one which came in and was dealt with (paste in) in the course of this post:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1185085397zd...5ed840fe63b029z with dispersal: (at - about - January 06, 2007 01:45:00 +0900)

spam report id 2089765957 sent to: abuse[at]adelphia.net

spam report id 2089766069 sent to: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

spam report id 2089766187 sent to: abuse[at]on-nets.com

... but showhistory still reveals the abovementioned January 05, 2007 06:39:32 +0900 as the most recent report.

Almost want to move this to the Reporting forum but have no confirmation email submissions are not working for non-email reporters. Man, why can't I get more spam ;)

To recap: Direct submissions to the web page seem to be working properly. Submissions through webmail "Report as spam" link and through VER (Quick and Full reporting) do not seem to be working properly. Submissions via email are presumably not working as well because they use the same method of submission as the "Report as spam" link, but confirmation would be nice.

By not working properly, I mean, the reports do not show up in the Past Reports of the reporting account and the Report History link for a previously reported IP address shows no recent history.

I am also thinking that it is/was a Reporting issue, not 'limited' to e-mail.

Monitoring Mom's Hotmail account, a 419 spam hit there yesterday ... I submitted it via the paste-it-in-the-box web-form, reports sent .... just checked again, the last report showing for that reporting account dates back to 13 December, a spam I ran through and cancelled while analyzing someone else's spam (submittal) ....

I am also thinking that it is/was a Reporting issue, not 'limited' to e-mail.

Monitoring Mom's Hotmail account, a 419 spam hit there yesterday ... I submitted it via the paste-it-in-the-box web-form, reports sent .... just checked again, the last report showing for that reporting account dates back to 13 December, a spam I ran through and cancelled while analyzing someone else's spam (submittal) ....

On that evidence and some additional testing I have done, I am moving this there. Leaving the pointer though as so many people have already posted to this thread.

F'rinstance data - here is one which came in and was dealt with (paste in) in the course of this post:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1185085397zd...5ed840fe63b029z with dispersal: (at - about - January 06, 2007 01:45:00 +0900) ... but showhistory still reveals the abovementioned January 05, 2007 06:39:32 +0900 as the most recent report.

Trial parse of the above (cancelled) http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1185334905z7...831354d943495fz now results in addition to report history
Submitted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:01:32 +0900:

[Norton AntiSpam] Fwd: HI

* 2090135910 ( ) ( not sent - stats only ) To: cancelled[at]devnull.spamcop.net

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1185085397zd...5ed840fe63b029z with dispersal: (at - about - January 06, 2007 01:45:00 +0900) ... but showhistory still reveals the abovementioned January 05, 2007 06:39:32 +0900 as the most recent report.

AND that one now shows up in my report history (along with a heap of preceding reports formerly AWOL)
Submitted: Saturday, January 06, 2007 01:46:01 +0900:

[Norton AntiSpam] Fwd: HI

* 2089766187 ( h ttp://ww w.lilaca qua.co m/ ) To: abuse[at]on-nets.com

* 2089766069 ( 67.23.172.249 ) To: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

* 2089765957 ( 67.23.172.249 ) To: abuse[at]adelphia.net

As Tim McGraw noted in NGs

Newsgroups: spamcop

Subject: Re: Another Maintenace Window

Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:49:07 -0800

Organization: SpamCop

Xref: news.spamcop.net spamcop:163337

SpamCop Admin wrote: