Outlook IMAP & CESMAIL

NickH

I am a CESMAIL filtered email subscriber, and I am using IMAP with OutlookXP. The IMAP works great (but note: IMAP access isn't really documented anywhere).

Anyhow, it would be great if you had a hard-coded "spam" folder, just like how AOL IMAP has a spam folder, where I can just copy the spams from my HELD MAIL or INBOX into the spam folder using the Outlook UI drag-and-drop copy (which uses IMAP copy beneath the UI), and you would automatically pickup all the entries in the spam folder and report them automatically.

I am a CESMAIL filtered email subscriber, and I am using IMAP with OutlookXP. The IMAP works great (but note: IMAP access isn't really documented anywhere).

Anyhow, it would be great if you had a hard-coded "spam" folder, just like how AOL IMAP has a spam folder, where I can just copy the spams from my HELD MAIL or INBOX into the spam folder using the Outlook UI drag-and-drop copy (which uses IMAP copy beneath the UI), and you would automatically pickup all the entries in the spam folder and report them automatically.

Hi NickH. Am I right in assuming you've looked and can't use something like spiralocean's Easy spam Reporting w/IMAP & Mac Mail? Not quite automatic but neither is there a great deal of user effort involved.

Hi, NickH!

<snip>

The IMAP works great (but note: IMAP access isn't really documented anywhere).

<snip>

...Did you miss the entry in the "SpamCop FAQ" (see link near top left of each SpamCop Forum page) labeled "Jeff G.'s Guide to accessing SpamCop email using OE and IMAP" or did it not qualify for you as documentation?

Archived