Imap broken?

For some strange reason today, I'm having serious issues retrieving my email via IMAP. Just wondering if I'm the only one or if others are having issues as well.

Hi, mrmaxx!

For some strange reason today, I'm having serious issues retrieving my email via IMAP. Just wondering if I'm the only one or if others are having issues as well.

...When I do a Search for "IMAP", I get a bunch of hits, including http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...findpost&p=4167. Maybe this or one of the others addresses your problem....

...Good luck!

Hi, mrmaxx!

...When I do a Search for "IMAP", I get a bunch of hits, including http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...findpost&p=4167.  Maybe this or one of the others addresses your problem....

...Good luck!

Well, let me put it to ya this way... it has been working just fine since I changed it over to imap.spamcop.net. :D Just for some reaons today it doesnt' seem to want to work. I just killed my mail client and restarted it so I could verify the settings. Settings are correct: imap.spamcop.net, clear-text passwords (my mail client can detect what is supported.)

Anyway, I tried to open my inbox again and it is hung at about 33% again. I'll have to check my other IMAP mailbox and see if it's having the same problem. Ok... I just killed and restarted my mail client -- definitely a SpamCop mail system problem... Imap is b0rken!

Well, I just tested it from here and everything I normally do with IMAP is working properly.

I can open any mailbox and get the list of messages there. I can transfer messages to the spamcop server via IMAP.

I normally can not retreive messages via IMAP but I think that is a local configuration issue because I could before I rebuilt my machine a few months ago but not since.

Well, I just tested it from here and everything I normally do with IMAP is working properly.

I can open any mailbox and get the list of messages there.  I can transfer messages to the spamcop server via IMAP. 

I normally can not retreive messages via IMAP but I think that is a local configuration issue because I could before I rebuilt my machine a few months ago but not since.

Hmm... I may have to try it again. I emailed JT so maybe he fixed something. OTOH, I saw a notice on the reporting side that they were having problems, so maybe it's related to something on the reporting side of things.... Dunno.

Wierd... it's working now. I don't know whether I just wasn't being patient enough or whether JT fixed something, but it appears to be working now... :SHRUG:

Wierd... it's working now. I don't know whether I just wasn't being patient enough or whether JT fixed something, but it appears to be working now... :SHRUG:

No, I didn't fix or change anything at all.

I don't know what would have caused this. Webmail is also an IMAP client and you said that it was working fine, so I suspect it's either in your IMAP client or a very specific interaction between your client, the IMAP server, and the messages in your account.

JT

Archived