Problem with the PayPal link from Spamcop.net

RobH

I would like to donate to Spamcop so I followed the link to the Add Payment page. Having a PayPal account I clicked on the 'Proceed to PayPal payment page' button which takes you to the following URL https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Instead of seeing the PayPal login page, I'm presented with the following warning...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Does the link referred to on the Spamcop 'Add Payment' page need updating? I note that when I go to the PayPal website manually and go to the login page, the URL is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run (has an extra ?cmd=_login-run on the end).

Many thanks - did try searching the forums for this problem but couldn't find anything.

(For info I'm running Windows XP SP2 with Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11, Cipher Strength 128-bit).

Thanks RobH for posting the issue.

I am unable to duplicate the problem but not am also running a different browser and operating system.

From the transfer link you posted it looks like you were trying to add fuel to a reporting only account.

Since there are several ways to log into a reporting account, the following three bits of information may be helpful in resolving the problem.

1)The starting point URL (what ever you clicked on to open the SpamCop page) If it is a redirect problem, the warning may be valid and you are very wise to have stopped.

2)The URL of the SpamCop page containing the "Donate" link

3)If you were already logged into your reporting account or not.

Thanks again for reporting the problem and for including as much detail as you did, all of which is helpful.

The problem is that there are multiple URLs used by SpamCop and the problem may be restricted to the specific one that you used which was one of the few pieces of information that was not included in your original post.

Thanks again.

Possibly the problem has been fixed and not noted, so if you could test it again and provide the additional information it would be appreciated.

Note: your reporting log on name / reporting address is NOT necessary and should not be posted.

Archived