Reports disabled

elind

Sometimes spam reports say that an ISP refuses to accept spamcop reports, sometimes munged reports, but sometimes it simply says "reports disabled for ......"

Does that mean that that ISP has told spamcop not to send reports on the basis, perhaps, of a legal threat?

Since the user (reporter) option still exists to fill in another report address, what happens if I fill in the abuse[at]... which spamcop doesn't want to send to?

Can't really answer due to lack of specifics. 'Disabled' could be for many reasons, one of the most typical is that the address is bouncing, Another is that it has been seen that the address goes to a blackhat address.

Based on typical reasons as above, (and especially since you didn't look it up to see what the specific reason was) .. it would not be recommended to attempt to override this setting by adding in that same address yourself in your SpamCop.net report.

Can't really answer due to lack of specifics. 'Disabled' could be for many reasons, one of the most typical is that the address is bouncing, Another is that it has been seen that the address goes to a blackhat address.

Based on typical reasons as above, (and especially since you didn't look it up to see what the specific reason was) .. it would not be recommended to attempt to override this setting by adding in that same address yourself in your SpamCop.net report.

OK. I wasn't aware that I could look up a specific reason for the disabled aspect. I'll look into it, but if it's not an idiot proof process, please advise.

Archived