[Resolved] Your message has been rejected

from yestardy i am getting this error when trying to send to submit.?????????[at]spam.spamcop.net

the full error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:

Sent: 05/06/2007 20:32

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

submit.????????[at]spam.spamcop.net on 05/06/2007 20:32

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<?????.??????.org #5.5.0 smtp;550-Your message has been rejected as it appears to contain malware.>

Please help.

Thanks,

Tal.

from yestardy i am getting this error when trying to send to submit.?????????[at]spam.spamcop.net

the full error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:

Sent: 05/06/2007 20:32

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<?????.??????.org #5.5.0 smtp;550-Your message has been rejected as it appears to contain malware.>

Spamcop does not reject any messages to the submit addresses, so my guess is your ISP has added outgoing filters to their servers. \Have you asked them why messages are getting rejected?

Spamcop does not reject any messages to the submit addresses, so my guess is your ISP has added outgoing filters to their servers. \Have you asked them why messages are getting rejected?

I am hosting this Exchange server, maybe you can point me the right direction how to resolve this

Thanks,

Tal.

I am hosting this Exchange server, maybe you can point me the right direction how to resolve this

?????.??????.org is your server? Was the submission a standard spam? Did it have an attachment? Is it possible the attachment had a virus?

Looking at the error again, it is possible the spam.spamcop.net mail servers have virus protection and it was rejected because of that. Virus messages are reportable, but they may need to be "defanged" (attachment removed).

?????.??????.org is your server? Was the submission a standard spam? Did it have an attachment? Is it possible the attachment had a virus?

Looking at the error again, it is possible the spam.spamcop.net mail servers have virus protection and it was rejected because of that. Virus messages are reportable, but they may need to be "defanged" (attachment removed).

yes the ?????.??????.org is my email server, there where NO attchments and my server has virus checher that e-mail did not have any virus or malware.

To me its look like spam.spamcop.net blocking it

yes the ?????.??????.org is my email server, there where NO attchments and my server has virus checher that e-mail did not have any virus or malware.

To me its look like spam.spamcop.net blocking it

Sending a request upstream...

Please email me directly and send me a full copy of the rejection notice with nothing deleted or altered.

Contact me at: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

SpamCop doesn't reject mail, so I need to look into this, and I need specific details to go to the sysops with.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

I am hosting this Exchange server,

I must have been out of the room when someone decided to rename "Exchange Server" to Microsoft Commercial Internet System Internet Mail Service ...???? Is this really the same as "Exchange Server" ?????

resolved!!

I used Microsoft fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186142/en-us

look like it resolve the issue

That is simply scary .. a 2005 Registry hack for Microsoft Commercial Internet System version 1.0 .... and it boils down to the lack of using a FQDN .... wondeing how 'you' managed to only come into an issue 'now' ....

Congratulations on fixing this .. there is no way that something like this could have been 'guessed' by the data provided 'here' .... but it sure seems like something could be done to use something a little more current, functional on something facing the Internet ...????

Guess I'll tag this as Resolved ......

Archived