Multiple User Reporting Addresses

Unclenick

I'm sure this has come up before, but my attempts to search on the topic keep resulting in error messages from the search engine, which seems to be returning that message in place of "no matches found."

If I take the time to use DNS Stuff or DNS Tools to track down the ISP's and and DNS's associated with a spamvetized site, I would like to be able to copy reports to their abuse addresses as well as to the government reporting addresses. Having just one user reporting address available makes me choose.

I'm sure this has come up before, but my attempts to search on the topic keep resulting in error messages from the search engine, which seems to be returning that message in place of "no matches found."

If I take the time to use DNS Stuff or DNS Tools to track down the ISP's and and DNS's associated with a spamvetized site, I would like to be able to copy reports to their abuse addresses as well as to the government reporting addresses. Having just one user reporting address available makes me choose.

Have you checked the FAQ here (SpamCop FAQ link at the top of every page), specifically the SpamCop Report Types entry? If I am understanding which entry you are questioning, there is only one box but you can put multiple entries in there (100 byte limit). I often use that for web sites that spamcop is having issues resolving.

A bit confusing .... there is an internal search engine, but it has some issues, for example ... not wanting to deal with words less than four characters long ... this is a PHP/MySQL thing. On the other hnad, I placed another search tool at the top of the screen that uses Google ... the downside to that one is that it brings back way too many results at times.

Perhaps a definition of "user reporting adress" is needed. For example, I have multiple reporting addresses, one for standard (free account) reporting, another for an ISP Account, another to pull up histories, etc.

If you mean "additional report targets" then one needs to look at part of the 'advantage' of a paid account.

Or simply do as I do, send your own complaint/report to those other targets. This is called a "Manual Report" in the FAQ and Wiki .. the point there is that you don't "copy the SpamCop.net parse" .. you actually generate your own report.

Sorry for the fuzzy focus. Got in a hurry.

It was the User Notification Report I was referring to. I want to send a note that is different to different designated recipients. For example, a message to abuse[at]ISP.com that says:

"Spamvertized web site in your IP range. www.######.com resolves to 123.4.5.67" (a number in their range).

Then I also want to copy it to webcomplaints[at]ora.fda.gov or phishing-report[at]us-cert.gov or whatever the appropriate government reporting addy is, but not hand that same note off to them, which would be incorrect. I suppose I could try to format the note based on address, but it seems awkward.

Then I also want to copy it to webcomplaints[at]ora.fda.gov or phishing-report[at]us-cert.gov or whatever the appropriate government reporting addy is, but not hand that same note off to them, which would be incorrect.

In general, those other outfits don't want to see SpamCop reports .... they normally want to see the actual spam. For those that submit their spam via e-mail, the usual suggestion is to add in those other 'government/other-reporting services' as a CC: .. yet, it has also been noted that some of those other places don't like to accept "attachments" ... so even that won't work, and as a 'straight' Forward doesn't include all the original header data, composing that new e-mail so as to insert the original spam in-line gets old also ....

Archived