Are server filters possible?

Hi

I understand that filters run when you log in, but I forward all my mail and I'd like to filter it before it gets forwarded.

Basically, I have a few email addresses that if emailed to, are definitely, 110%, absolutely guaranteed to be spam.

(so I can report), I would like these emails to go directly to held mail, do not past go, do not collect $200

Is this possible?

Thanks

Kentoi

...I understand that filters run when you log in, but I forward all my mail and I'd like to filter it before it gets forwarded....Is this possible?...
I believe this has been touched upon a few times in previous discussions. I can't locate any instances nor can I see anything releveant in the FAQs (maybe not looking in the right places) and, not being an email system user I'm not able to have a look. Anyone able to answer?

I understand that filters run when you log in, but I forward all my mail and I'd like to filter it before it gets forwarded.

As I recall, the filtering cannot be triggered except by opening the webmail application.

Andrew

How about altering the spamassin rules?

Are there any options to add your own personal SA rules?

Generally, the answer would seem to be ..."are the controls available in the Filter section of the Preferences/Options/whatever?" .....

Your initial post said "a few email addresses that if emailed to, are definitely, 110%, absolutely guaranteed to be spam" ... are those addresses in your Black/Block-list? Although, I'm not sure I fully understand ... if there is nothing but spam to those accounts, and all this spam arriving in your SpamCop.net e-mail account is an issue, why keep those addesses?

... if there is nothing but spam to those accounts, and all this spam arriving in your SpamCop.net e-mail account is an issue, why keep those addesses?

You're right, there is no reason for me to keep these accounts .... except I like reporting spam.

It gives me a small feeling of doing something good :rolleyes:

I just figure if there's some way of automatically reporting these, then spammers using them will get blocked quicker.

You're right, there is no reason for me to keep these accounts .... except I like reporting spam.

It gives me a small feeling of doing something good :rolleyes:

I just figure if there's some way of automatically reporting these, then spammers using them will get blocked quicker.

you never get around to actually describing these accounts. The point being, if they are POP3 types, one could for example, simply set-up Outlook Express to handle that account directly, one could setup something like SpamPal and/or build up a good set of rules, then use the e-mail submittal process to submoit them in a bit of a batch mode ... quick-reporting would even speed that up ...

Archived