What is going on here?

qwerasdf

I´m not sure if I´m in the right Discussion Group.

Im from Austria and don´t have time to read all the stuff on your website.

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
>
>> This is the mail system at host dd6516.kasserver.com.
>>
>> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
>> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>>
>> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>
>>
>> If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
>> delete your own text from the attached returned message.
>>
>>				   The mail system
>>
>> <b[at]kispert.at>: host mail.kispert.at[213.229.60.100] said: 550
>> 85.13.131.67 is
>>	in a black list at bl.spamcop.net (in reply to RCPT TO command)

This is the Email we get and we are unable to send REALLY IMPORTANT Emails to our clients!!!!

Who are you people? What kind of website/Blacklist is this, where everybody can send an email adress or ip adress to your blocklist???? And without testing or checking if it is right or not it gets on the list!!!!!!! Im really angry, because it happens the second time and now we have to pay a serverchange because we cant send mails to our important clients and partners...

We are a event-management firm and have newsletter twice a month because of our events. In every Email it is possible to unsubscribe this newsletter. We only have emailadresses which are coming directly from the "get newsletter" Button on our Website.

So somebody, we dont know, is angry about us or envious - so he puts us on the list.

What can we do, that this bullsh** doesnt happening again?????

It is really business damaging and please tell us that this "WRONG spam REPORT" wont happening again!

If you need more information for help please tell us.

Moreover, it would be very helpful to know, who is setting us on your list.

Another Question: Does anybody from SpamCop check the site/ip adress if the spam Report is justified or not? Which permission do you have to run such list?

Very confusing thing you have here... I´m long in Internet Business, but this is really weird...

Please Help

Greets

I´m not sure if I´m in the right Discussion Group.

Im from Austria and don´t have time to read all the stuff on your website.

Then how are you going to have time to read all the same information we could place into this thread.

I am not going to waste my time today solving your problem if you are not willing to invest some time yourself.

Hint: Don't send mail to spamtrap addresses

Then how are you going to have time to read all the same information we could place into this thread.

I am not going to waste my time today solving your problem if you are not willing to invest some time yourself.

Hint: Don't send mail to spamtrap addresses

Hi!

Didn´t want to get personal. As I wrote - I´m from Austria and my English isnt so good that I can read all the things on the Website - it would take hours... So if u could tell me whats going on in this special case it would be nice. You can be sure I will read your answer. So PLEASE tell me what you mean with "Don't send mail to spamtrap addresses". Or something else I can do to solve this Problem.

Thank you.

The IP address 85.13.131.67 you used is on the SpamCop block list - see http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...ip=85.13.131.67

It is on the blocklist because someone has sent messages from it to spamtraps. Mail sent to a spamtrap is not, cannot ever be, authorized for that contact because no mail has ever been sent from the spamtrap. The people who should be stopping this activity are shown as

root[at]kasserver.com

postmaster[at]kasserver.com

abuse[at]kasserver.com

If no more spam is sent, the address will automatically be cleared off the blocklist in 6 hours from now.

The reason you are not able to send through to IP address 213.229.60.100 is because someone there has decided to use the blocklist to reject mail. That is not the recommended use of the blocklist by SpamCop but "their server, their rules", they do not want to let you in because spam has come from the server you are using. If you need to contact people immediately through that address you will need to do so from another server. Or maybe you can get whitelisted at 213.229.60.100 (inode.at). They are the people who are blocking you. SpamCop is just the tool.

So PLEASE tell me what you mean with "Don't send mail to spamtrap addresses".

Some information specific for you:

1. You don't have to read *everything* here before posting an angry message...but you should have at least tried to look at some of the most important things...like "Start Here - before you make your first Post" and especially the "Why am I blocked?" message...but I understand language difficulties, so...

2. The computer associated with the IP from which your email is being sent has apparently also been sending emails to secret "spam trap" addresses that should not receive any messages. When those addresses receive email, then it is automatically considered to be spam, and the IP address of the sending computer will probably wind up being listed on the SCBL, which is what happened to you.

3. The SCBL is often used as a spam-control tool by email server administrators (I use it on my server), some of them blocking/rejecting messages (which is what happened to you) and others simply "filtering" them (adding a "spam score" to the email if the IP is on the SCBL or other similar lists).

4. In the case of your server's IP address, someone has used the option to request immediate removal from the SCBL, but then I think more spams were detected, so now it can't be quickly removed...each listing lasts approximately 24 hours...your server is due to be "unlisted" in about 6 hours...but if it sends more spam, it will be listed again.

5. Therefore, whoever is running that server needs to communicate with the SpamCop Deputies (deputies [at] spamcop [dot] net) and find out what sort of spam messages are hitting the spam traps. If the server is a "shared hosting" server, it's very likely that you have some "bad neighbors" on your server who may have some mail scripts on their websites that have been compromized....this happens frequently.

6. There are many other IP addresses owned by your host, "kasserver.com" which have been blocked or which have had specific reports of spam. In some cases the ISP has chosen to ignore the problem, because I see this "ISP does not wish to receive report regarding 85.(etc.)" regarding more than one IP they control that have been spamming.

7. Therefore, you might seriously consider moving your site/hosting to a more responsible ISP.

Peace,

DT

Thank u all for your answer.

It is the second time it happens - so I know what to do if I get listed. But now it is not so easy anymore.

I will read it again and try to understand what thats all about. I have to write some things to the kasserver and to the other guy from fsk-events - who is on this server.

Thanks again for your help.

Ill tell you how I solve this problem

Greets

It is the second time it happens - so I know what to do if I get listed. But now it is not so easy anymore.

I will read it again and try to understand what thats all about. I have to write some things to the kasserver and to the other guy from fsk-events - who is on this server.

Thanks again for your help.

If your IP is 85.13.131.67 (and static")pay to use my signature for a security check (assuming you are not using a wireless router)

If you operate a "mail list" you may have false subcribers sending to spamtraps

You need to know about double opt-in

http://nct.digitalriver.com/ecm/doihowto/

Nice link petzl, there is a lot of good information in there, and it is presented in an easily readable and understandable format. I'm going to add that to my list of reference links to give to people to explain things.

font size sucks, in my opinion, but ....

Al has been around for years. Definitely against spam, yet .... accused of it often .... There's a large client base that he represents/works with ... numerous software companies involved .... when one buys on-line/registers on-line, DigitalRiver is who handles this for a number of these companies .. and this is usually not noticed by users. However, when e-mail starts coming from DigitalRiver, say product updates, news releases, etc. numerous folks get excited as thay see no connection between the software they bought/installed and this DigitalRiver outfit, so the spam complaints start again .....

Nice link petzl, there is a lot of good information in there, and it is presented in an easily readable and understandable format. I'm going to add that to my list of reference links to give to people to explain things.

Written by Al Iverson the creator of CBL and many other expertly working anti-spam technologies

The link though is from SpamCop's FAQ bottom of page to "Digital River"

...The link though is from SpamCop's FAQ bottom of page to "Digital River"
:lol: Thanks petzl, I didn't twig to that. Writing my 1,000 lines now ...

"I will read the FAQ again, and more carefully this time". hmm ... maybe I will continue off-line.

:lol: Thanks petzl, I didn't twig to that. Writing my 1,000 lines now ...

"I will read the FAQ again, and more carefully this time". hmm ... maybe I will continue off-line.

SpamCop's FAQ is pretty big and continually updates (getting too complex for many)

VERY GOOD IDEA to check SpamCop FAQ first for answers (which is always there) If one then cannot find it or understand it ASK HERE

I hope you do understand what you read. If you don't, there are people who will answer your questions.

It is important that you ask the ones who use your 'get newsletter' button in a return email to confirm it. If not, you may get email addresses of people who did not hit your button and they would not have asked for it. Also, it is important that you do not send the newsletter to email addresses that bounce.

It is also important that you do not accept email and then send an undeliverable message automatically. If you do that, you can send email to many innocent people just like a spammer.

Thanks. Someone else may benefit. you might even post in English and Austrian. Then maybe someone from Austria who has a similar problem may not have to spend lots of time translating.

Miss Betsy

Archived