Error when parsing

Oriolus

I keep getting errors like:

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.ca564350.1189063114.10ca5966

and

Reference #97.ca564350.1189063289.10cc875f

Is there something the matter with the system (server)?

Please, help!

http://zeta.cesmail.net/pipermail/scspamco...hread.html#3989 [scspamcop] Server Error Kev

Fairly standard error when SpamCop.net is down. No one will state

just what this is exactly, so I'll just continue to conjecture that

this is an Akamai generated error, based on that those servers can't

connect to the IronPort/SpamCop.net servers.

What's unusual in the timing of this query (and one in the spamcop newsgroup about the same time) is that according to the graphic/link at the top right of this page, www.spamcop.net is up and running, processing and sending reports galore.

Based on history, it still could be an Akamai server that is hosed at present .... a trace-route may help to isolate it ... however, Akamai will not talk to me, so data has to be sent to the Deputies for their action, if in fact they are the ones that deal with Akamai these days .... then again, it's wanadoo that's involved here ....

I get a 404 on that URL.

I understand what you state in the quoted text, though. I expect I have to be patient. Just tried again, but in vain.

What's unusual in the timing of this query (and one in the spamcop newsgroup about the same time) is that according to the graphic/link at the top right of this page, www.spamcop.net is up and running, processing and sending reports galore.

Based on history, it still could be an Akamai server that is hosed at present .... a trace-route may help to isolate it ... however, Akamai will not talk to me, so data has to be sent to the Deputies for their action, if in fact they are the ones that deal with Akamai these days .... then again, it's wanadoo that's involved here ....

What you state in this quote, I cannot understand, but maybe it's valuable information for them who are in charge.

I do understand (but I cannot see the same as you) that it's strange that reporting doesn't work, but the forum does, somewhere stating (I don't see where) that reporting is up and running.

I decide to wait a couple of hours and try again then. Thanks for your reply!

Oriolus

Hi there, I just got these page errors when submitting spam:

Reference #97.86873554.1189067033.6e668f5

Reference #97.86873554.1189067034.6e67400

Reference #97.86873554.1189067053.6e71ba0

Reference #97.86873554.1189067090.6e84791

Cheers,

Chris

Moderator edit: merged this 'new' Topic into one that was started prior .... also deleted a bunch of vertical whitespace that wasn't needed.

I get a 404 on that URL.

Don't understand .. I had it up to copy the URL .. clicked on the one you quoted, page pulled right up ..... noting that the 'displayed' link has been truncated, so a 'copy/paste' operation will not work.

What you state in this quote, I cannot understand, but maybe it's valuable information for them who are in charge.

The parsing & reporting side of spamcop.net uses the services of Akamai, which provides would-wide servers for geographically 'local' access. I am suggesting that the Akamai server that you have been 'routed to/through' is not actually wirking at present. I say that as www.spamcop.net pulls up just fine for me 'here'

09/06/07 03:50:18 Slow traceroute www.spamcop.net

Trace www.spamcop.net (64.111.215.127) ...

4.69.132.66 RTT: 44ms TTL:170 (ae-2.ebr2.NewYork1.Level3.net ok)

4.69.134.94 RTT: 47ms TTL:170 (ae-92-92.csw4.NewYork1.Level3.net ok)

4.68.16.195 RTT: 43ms TTL:170 (ae-41-99.car1.NewYork1.Level3.net ok)

4.78.164.66 RTT: 42ms TTL:170 (No rDNS)

64.111.215.127 RTT: 41ms TTL: 52 (No rDNS)

I am also saying that if you do a trace-route, you will not see the same target IP address ....

I do understand (but I cannot see the same as you) that it's strange that reporting doesn't work, but the forum does, somewhere stating (I don't see where) that reporting is up and running.

The forum server is on the east coast of the U.S., running on hardware owned and maintained by JT ... the Parsing & Reporting system runs on IronPort owned and maintained hardware on the west coast of the U.S. .. and again, the Parsing & Reporting system uses the Akamai service .....

Why you can't 'see' what I am talking about, I don't understand .... graphic/link at the top right of this page, labeled "Reporting Server Status" ... content is also on one of JT's servers, so once again, Akamai is not involved 'here'

I decide to wait a couple of hours and try again then. Thanks for your reply!

As spamcop.net servers appear to be running, I would not expect alarms to be going off in that data center. Will also assume that the paid staff is more than likely sleeping at present. And again, it's working from here (middle of the U.S.)

So what I believe we're lookin at is either wannado having issuesz, or the Akamai server you are being routed to is screwed up at present .... but I can't identify what Akanai server you may be trying to talk to, thus the suggestion / request for a trace-route from your end.

Hi there, I just got these page errors when submitting spam:

Reference #97.86873554.1189067033.6e668f5

Not wannado, but still the UK ... a trace-route is also requested from your end.

Good investigating ;) I'm sure they know there's a problem, just a case of waiting patiently :)

I'm thinking something has been missed .... the path you are being routed to/through needs to be documented. "You" need to help with this by providing some trace-route data.

Why you can't 'see' what I am talking about, I don't understand .... graphic/link at the top right of this page, labeled "Reporting Server Status" ... content is also on one of JT's servers, so once again, Akamai is not involved 'here'

You are right, but it's not detailed enough to judge whether the service is up and running at this very moment.

As spamcop.net servers appear to be running, I would not expect alarms to be going off in that data center. Will also assume that the paid staff is more than likely sleeping at present. And again, it's working from here (middle of the U.S.)

So what I believe we're lookin at is either wannado having issuesz, or the Akamai server you are being routed to is screwed up at present .... but I can't identify what Akanai server you may be trying to talk to, thus the suggestion / request for a trace-route from your end.

[Not wannado, but still the UK ... a trace-route is also requested from your end.

C:\tracert www.spamcop.net

Traceren van de route naar a369.g.akamai.net [80.67.86.206]

via maximaal 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.123.254

2 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

3 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.

4 16 ms 17 ms 17 ms s5591c401.adsl.wanadoo.nl [85.145.196.1]

5 21 ms 22 ms 22 ms V618.dr4-asd6.nl.euro.net [194.134.152.213]

6 22 ms 22 ms 21 ms 10GE2-3.cr2-asd6.nl.euro.net [194.134.162.57]

7 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms 10GE1-1.cr2-asd4.nl.euro.net [194.134.162.162]

8 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms PC12.er1-asd4.nl.euro.net [194.134.162.9]

9 22 ms 22 ms 34 ms amsix-ams4.netarch.akamai.com [195.69.145.208]

10 22 ms 22 ms 22 ms 80.67.86.206

De trace is voltooid.

I don't see anything special in this trace. Can you, Wazoo?

Oriolus

I don't understan why this reply of mine below this sentence appears in my latest reply and not in a fresh one:

Reporting is up and running again!

Thanks.

Oriolus

You are right, but it's not detailed enough to judge whether the service is up and running at this very moment.

It's also a link to a combination page of several statistics pages .. hourly through yearly .... click on it <g>

I don't see anything special in this trace. Can you, Wazoo?

These last lines would be the ones needed .. actually, the last two ....

I don't understan why this reply of mine below this sentence appears in my latest reply and not in a fresh one:

'second' post made within 10 minutes with no other posts 'in between' .... automatically 'merged'

The newsgroup poster 'explained' that the page pulled up, but the actual parse wouldn't fly .. I ran a spam through it and had no issues .. came back here to post and see that you'd already came back 'heppy' ....

It's also a link to a combination page of several statistics pages .. hourly through yearly .... click on it <g>

These last lines would be the ones needed .. actually, the last two ....

'second' post made within 10 minutes with no other posts 'in between' .... automatically 'merged'

The newsgroup poster 'explained' that the page pulled up, but the actual parse wouldn't fly .. I ran a spam through it and had no issues .. came back here to post and see that you'd already came back 'heppy' ....

I'm very sorry, but I don't comprehend your answers, but never mind: the main issue seems to be solved: I reported my latest spams nicely. Indeed 'heppy' again!

I do understand your last explanation about my second reply appearing in my previous reply, though.

So long!

Oriolus

Second post between 10 minutes: :)

Enlarging the statistics show a hickop from 15:45 to 15:55 and from 22:07 to 12:15 approx., but not lately, i.e. later, after one hour ago. Am I right?

Oriolus

Enlarging the statistics show a hickop from 15:45 to 15:55 and from 22:07 to 12:15 approx., but not lately, i.e. later, after one hour ago. Am I right?

I'd call the second drop-out more like 2207 to 2230 .... but yes, that's why I started by saying there was something a bit strange about your starting post .. typically, when these errors show up, that 'chart' shows that traffic has stopped ... in this case, it was still running .... not normal at all ... just noting that all complaints were coming from Europe, thus suggesting a "pathway" issue ....

I'd call the second drop-out more like 2207 to 2230 .... but yes, that's why I started by saying there was something a bit strange about your starting post .. typically, when these errors show up, that 'chart' shows that traffic has stopped ... in this case, it was still running .... not normal at all ... just noting that all complaints were coming from Europe, thus suggesting a "pathway" issue ....

So, clearly we seem to get different pictures of the statistics, because mine shows the second gap exactly until 22:15, but never mind.

One thing: I still don't understand what you mean by "thus suggesting a 'pathway' issue..."

One thing: I still don't understand what you mean by "thus suggesting a 'pathway' issue..."

There is not one but many "www.spamcop.net" IP addresses all around the world. The hypothesis was that your "local" copy was having problems.

Your tracert:

My tracert:

11 101 ms 25 ms 23 ms po-2.r04.asbnva01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.181]

12 23 ms 20 ms 21 ms a204-245-162-18.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com [204.245.162.18]

Your area could be having problems without all of spamcop having problems.

There is not one but many "www.spamcop.net" IP addresses all around the world. The hypothesis was that your "local" copy was having problems.

Your area could be having problems without all of spamcop having problems.

Thanks Steven, I do understand this complicated matter at last! Heppy ;)

spamcop newsgroup poster states that hsi access from Norway is still 'broken' .... yet has apparently not followed the links to look at this conversation .. oh well ...
...And the fact that a newsgroup denizen has not come to the Forum is no surprise to you, right? :) <g>

...And the fact that a newsgroup denizen has not come to the Forum is no surprise to you, right? :) <g>

still working through the bit of anger over seeing;

ISP does not wish to receive reports regarding http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php - no date available

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php has been appealed previously.

seen while grabbing the last e-mail received to test the situation discussed in the above ....

Like most other ISP type folks, a bit peeved over not seeing any requests to be removed .. "badreports" I would assume would be seen by Don/Deputies, but they've never passed on data about folks receiving something that they'd complain about .... but the 'appeal' action really takes the cake ....

same status showing for the newsgroup archive (server) .. noting that I just received the very first subscription request yesterday .... to a really off-the-wall Domain ...???? Actually a bit hard to notice, buried deep within all the attempted spam postings.

...http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php has been appealed previously.

seen while grabbing the last e-mail received to test the situation discussed in the above ....

Like most other ISP type folks, a bit peeved over not seeing any requests to be removed .. "badreports" I would assume would be seen by Don/Deputies, but they've never passed on data about folks receiving something that they'd complain about .... but the 'appeal' action really takes the cake ....

Inplurryconceivable - hopefully the staff responded to the "member" appropriately. "Member" is right - definition 5 at http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Member.

Archived