[Resolved] Webmail folders

I'm a 5+ year spampcop user that just signed up a second SpamCop account. This new one is intended to be webmail only and I'm very impressed with the latest webmail interface. I've gone over these forums, played with settings and still can't get everything working as I think it can.

1. Is it possible to display the folder list all of the time? Kinda like a sidebar?
  2. When I click "Folders" at the top of the screen it shows me all of my folders expanded (perfect), but does NOT show me (read/total) counts for any folders but Inbox. That kinda defeats the purpose of using mail filters (already got them working). I want to go to the folders screen and see how many unread messages I have from various mailing lists I'm on (each going into separate folders). Am I missing something stupid?
  3. Why is my Virtual Inbox always empty? After not getting #2 to work, I tried putzing with this Virtual Inbox. Nada. Again, I think I'm missing some key setting.

Given that I couldn't find any posts describing my problem, I'm thinking I just missed an option somewhere.

Thanks in advance

I'm a 5+ year spampcop user that just signed up a second SpamCop account. This new one is intended to be webmail only and I'm very impressed with the latest webmail interface. I've gone over these forums, played with settings and still can't get everything working as I think it can.
  1. Is it possible to display the folder list all of the time? Kinda like a sidebar?
  2. When I click "Folders" at the top of the screen it shows me all of my folders expanded (perfect), but does NOT show me (read/total) counts for any folders but Inbox. That kinda defeats the purpose of using mail filters (already got them working). I want to go to the folders screen and see how many unread messages I have from various mailing lists I'm on (each going into separate folders). Am I missing something stupid?
  3. Why is my Virtual Inbox always empty? After not getting #2 to work, I tried putzing with this Virtual Inbox. Nada. Again, I think I'm missing some key setting.

Given that I couldn't find any posts describing my problem, I'm thinking I just missed an option somewhere.

1. Options, Global Options, Display Options, Show the SpamCop Menu on the left?

2. I think 1 fixes this problem as well (the unread messages appear to be listed, but have not figured out how the number is reset.

3. Have not used the Virtual Inbox, sorry.

I think you will find that you cannot do any of these things as described :( You can get the main menu elsewhere but it isn't, I don't think, what you are asking for ain terms of showing numbers of messages etc.

Although, it may be possible to use some other web based IMAP interface to provide you with the things you want.

Andrew

As Steven said, you can enable the sidebar from the Global Options, and you can set it to stay open by going to Options->"Mailbox and Folder Display Options" and setting the options for "Expand the entire folder tree..."

To have the folder view display how many messages are unread in each mailbox, go to your "Folders" view, select the mailboxes you want to monitor, click the drop-down box and select "Check Folder(s) for New Mail." Now the "(unread/total)" will appear next to them in the "Folders" view and the sidebar, and they will be checked by the Virtual Inbox.

~Trevor

1. Options, Global Options, Display Options, Show the SpamCop Menu on the left?

2. I think 1 fixes this problem as well (the unread messages appear to be listed, but have not figured out how the number is reset.

3. Have not used the Virtual Inbox, sorry.

Wow, thanks for the tip on #1. That is exactly what I wanted. Somehow I skipped over global options.

#2 still isn't working. I look in the folders and there are unread messages. But the sidebar is only showing unread value for inbox.

AHA!!

I just figured out part #2:

1. Go to Folder Navigator from top menu
  2. Put a checkmark next to all the folders you want to track
  3. In the Choose Action dropdown, pick Check Folders for New Mail

Now the only anomaly is that the left sidebar is not updating the read status as I go through messages. I have to log out and back in for it to refresh that status.

Ok, figured that out too: Global Options -> Display Options -> Refresh Dynamic Menu Elements -> 30 seconds

WOW

After changing to the Kolab color scheme, the WebMail looks and works almost the same as Pocomail (my desktop mail client). Kudos to the developers of this package and thank the gods that SpamCop chose it for their engine.

Thank you all for your help.

As Steven said, you can enable the sidebar from the Global Options, and you can set it to stay open by going to Options->"Mailbox and Folder Display Options" and setting the options for "Expand the entire folder tree..."

To have the folder view display how many messages are unread in each mailbox, go to your "Folders" view, select the mailboxes you want to monitor, click the drop-down box and select "Check Folder(s) for New Mail." Now the "(unread/total)" will appear next to them in the "Folders" view and the sidebar, and they will be checked by the Virtual Inbox.

Thanks. As per my previous post, I ran into the options you mentioned. Though my view is only showing "Folder Name (unread #)". Is there something for getting "Folder Name (unread #/total #)"?

Thanks. As per my previous post, I ran into the options you mentioned. Though my view is only showing "Folder Name (unread #)". Is there something for getting "Folder Name (unread #/total #)"?

Hmm, I think it's (unread/total) in the "Folders" view, but only (unread) in the sidebar. I don't see any way to change that.

~Trevor

...It appears to me that this issue has now been fully answered. Based on that observation, I am marking this Forum thread as "Resolved." If anyone (especially the OP) disagrees, please post here and I (or another Forum Moderator) will consider removing that flag.

Archived