Spam Blocks

This Morning I received a return email from s.williams[at]stewartmg.com. My email is david.weil[at]jandersonford.com. The email say that our domain is blocked because of spam. As the administrator of Jennings Anderson Ford I am not aware of any spam being sent from our domain. Could you please provide me the source of this allocation and supporting documentation for your actions.

Sincerely,

David Weil

CIO

Jennings Anderson Ford

Here is copy of the email:

A message sent by this account comes from

a domain or host not allowed by this mail server.

Please contact your system administrator or Internet Service Provider, You email server or email address has been put on an spam Blocking list the organization below. Contact that organization for instructions on how to correct the problem with your mail server or get your email address removed from their lists.

To: s.williams[at]stewartmg.com

Matching List: bl.spamcop.net

The message was dropped.

This Morning I received a return email from s.williams[at]stewartmg.com. My email is david.weil[at]jandersonford.com. The email say that our domain is blocked because of spam. As the administrator of Jennings Anderson Ford I am not aware of any spam being sent from our domain. Could you please provide me the source of this allocation and supporting documentation for your actions.

Sincerely,

David Weil

CIO

Jennings Anderson Ford

Resolved jandersonford.com to 136.1.240.194

jandersonford.com has 1 MX record mail.dealeremail.com.(10)

Resolved mail.dealeremail.com to 209.104.154.19

A lookup on mail.dealeremail.com (209.104.154.19) shows you are not listed

209.104.154.19 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Without an IP address or the bounced message no one will be able to help you.

Here is the message I received:

A message sent by this account comes from

a domain or host not allowed by this mail server.

Please contact your system administrator or Internet Service Provider, You email server or email address has been put on an spam Blocking list the organization below. Contact that organization for instructions on how to correct the problem with your mail server or get your email address removed from their lists.

Matching List: bl.spamcop.net

The message was dropped.

The Spamcop list does not contain email addresses but IP numbers and your server is not listed. The block message you are receiving is a very bad message as it gives no clue to the sending server. What smtp server do you have setup in your email client?

Time passed, and was hoping that there'd be some evidence showing by now (real-time stats not available these days due to abuse by spammers) .. but no such luck, still no evidence listed. However, going to the next level of data, there is an interesting set of numbers. One could suggest that perhaps your ISP has been doing a great job and has recently picked up some new customers. On the other hand, these numbers might also suggest some compromised systems hanging off their network ... might want to contact them and see if they can come up with the reasons for the apparent increase in traffic ..??

http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipaddr...=216.177.160.80

Volume Statistics for this IP

Magnitude Vol Change vs. Average

Last day 4.7 17%

Last 30 days 4.6 -8%

Average 4.7

http://www.senderbase.org/?sb=1&searchBy=d...String=gvtc.com

Report on domain: gvtc.com

Volume Statistics for this Domain

Magnitude Vol Change vs. 30 Day

Last day 4.9 19%

Last 30 days 4.8