[Resolved] Can't get 'useable' headers out of Exchange server for work address

Hello,

I am trying to get my mail host set up for my new work address, on an Exchange ('03?) server... the submittal address at http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn says these are not good headers... using Outlook 2003 (have to, no Thunderbird at this place! hehehehe) - cut and paste the body source and the headers (Tools.. Option... etc...) for the robot's email... even tried using SpamGrabber and SpamSource and submitting as an email attachment to mhconf.[munge][at]cmds.spamcop.net

Thoughts? Suggetsions?

Here is what I tried to submit, munged...

Cheers!

Feel free to CC any replies to skiwi[at]spamcop.net...

Regards,

GREG...

-----------------

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0

Received: from sc-app7.spamcop.net ([204.15.82.116]) by mail.stoller.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830);

Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:24:56 -0700

Received: from [216.150.216.106] by spamcop.net

with HTTP; Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:24:56 GMT

From: SpamCop robot <mhconf.dvEMQKUxXt2kiA3P[at]cmds.spamcop.net>

To: [munge]

Subject: [spamCop] account configuration email

Precedence: list

Message-ID: <[munge][at]msgid.spamcop.net>

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:24:56 GMT

X-WatchGuard-spam-ID: str=0001.0A090209.474726FB.0048,ss=1,fgs=0

X-WatchGuard-spam-Score: 0, clean; 0, no virus

X-WatchGuard-Mail-From: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Return-Path: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 23 Nov 2007 19:24:56.0635 (UTC) FILETIME=[87FE98B0:01C82E06]

Hello SpamCop user,

This email contains special codes and tracking information to help SpamCop figure out your specific email configuration. Do not post this email in public. It contains confidential information related to the security of your SpamCop account.

Please return this complete email, preserving full headers and the special tracking codes below. Visit this address:

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn

Alternately, you may submit via email. Forward the message as an attachment to this address. Or create a new message and paste this email into it. Either way, send it to to:

mhconf.[munge][at]cmds.spamcop.net

Some email software may only support one or the other of these submission methods. For information on your email software and to learn how to get full headers see this FAQ:

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

Special codes follow:

################################################################

X-SpamCop-Mx: mail.[munge].com.

X-SpamCop-Mx-Ip: 65.122.58.130

X-SpamCop-Mh-Name: [munge]%20Corporate%20Email

X-SpamCop-Recip: [munge]

X-SpamCop-Unixtime: [munge]

X-SpamCop-Conf: [munge]

X-SpamCop-Randomness: [munge]

X-SpamCop-Hash: [munge] ################################################################

The "skiwi" I'm familiar with has been around for years, albeit in the newsgroups. So I'm wondering why the first question I'm going to ask is ..... where did all the 'extra' lines come from? An e-mail header does not contain blank lines between each 'data' line ... in fact the only 'blank' line would be the one that separates the header from the body.

Then could possibly run withe that the posted example also includes the line Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 which is also not a valid e-mail header line. Assumedly, this was caught in the capture of the displayed data for posting it elsewhere, but ...????

One could try to ask for direct intervention as noted in Ellen's Pinned posts in this Forum section. However, it would appear to me that the actual mechanism involved is going to have to be diagnosed, sorted out, and fixed at your end. Based on this example, even if the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account was accomplished, you still wouldn't be able to submit any spam for processing (if it looks like this)

There are no blank lines in the actual submission recorded on the user's account. Everything looks normal to me, but SpamCop still won't accept the headers.

I fixed it by manually creating a Mailhost for the service he's trying to register and added it to his account. He should be good to go now.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived