[Resolved] "Release and Whitelist" malfunctioning

Ex_Brit

Unless there is a setting that I have altered which I now cannot find, my "Release and Whitelist" is leaving items in the Held Mail folder rather than moving them to the "Inbox" where my Windows Mail can then pop them.

Is this a temporary glitch or something that I have done which needs adjustment?

Unless there is a setting that I have altered which I now cannot find, my "Release and Whitelist" is leaving items in the Held Mail folder rather than moving them to the "Inbox" where my Windows Mail can then pop them.

Is this a temporary glitch or something that I have done which needs adjustment?

I had no problem with this function this weekend (Saturday night, one occurance). When did you start to experience the problem? If these overlap, then it might be specific to your account, in which case you should try to contact SpamCop support using the Problem button in webmail or emailing support[at]spamcop.net.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Do I have this problem?

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, or if I'm doing something wrong, but...

Among the hundreds of spams a day in my Heldbox, there is the very occasional genuine mail item.

I've always ticked the item, ticked "forward and whitelist sender", then "Release/Delete selected messages". That's worked fine until recently.

Twice that I know of in the last two weeks, I've done that and the mail item has never appeared in my "filtered Spamcop mail" inbox, and the e-mail address isn't added to my whitelist.

First time, it was the new e-mail address of an old friend and I could easily sort it.

This evening, it was a new customer. I read the first line, and did the "forward and whitelist" thing. I didn't connect with the problem with the first one - and now the message has gone, and with it the e-mail address. I've been right through my whitelist, and there are no addresses there that I don't recognise. Now I'm concerned! How many others have I cleared, and forgotten, and lost?

Is this a Spamcop problem, or am I doing something wrong? All "filtered" mail from established whitelisted addresses, or from "clean" addresses is arriving OK. It's only new ones.

Is there a limit on the size of the whitelist? Would Spamcop tell me if I reached it? What might I be doing wrong?

Is there a limit on the size of the whitelist? Would Spamcop tell me if I reached it? What might I be doing wrong?

I'd suggest you need to contact Trevor/JT directly. My last queries relating to the configuration of the Horde/IMP/e-mail system in general have all gone unanswered. You may have a better chance at getting a reply ..????

Archived