[Resolved] I don't know what to do..

EDIT: Never mind, it was a different problem...

I am using this new system for my comcast email address. In my configuration, I have a large list of comcast mail servers and (their?) "relaying IPs".

I sent myself an email and it got on my spamcop "report" queue. Comcast decided to use omta08.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net, but that is not on the HUGE list of mailhosts. Does this mean I have to manually add in a mailserver every time Comcast randomly decides to add/rename one?

In fact, how do I even add anything to the list? <_<

I sent myself an email and it got on my spamcop "report" queue.

I don't understand this line. Did you send yourself an email from comcast to comcast and try reporting it? If so, then it did as it should since the real source was comcast.

Comcast decided to use omta08.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net, but that is not on the HUGE list of mailhosts. Does this mean I have to manually add in a mailserver every time Comcast randomly decides to add/rename one?
No, since comcast.net should be in your list as well, that will be picked up. If you have a tracking URL showing something different, please provide it.

I am using this new system for my comcast email address.

What 'new system' ..???? The MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account thing has been around for a number of years. Is your "comcast email address" your Registered Reporting Account address? As 'defined' in numerous places (pinned items within this Forum, Dictionary, Glossary, Wiki, various FAQ entries) .. this 'thing' is to add MailHost data to 'your' Reporting Account .. which is actually placed into a 'shared' database, but used during the Parsing of 'your' spam submittals.

In my configuration, I have a large list of comcast mail servers and (their?) "relaying IPs".

Yes, that's not out of the ordinary. Previous issues from other users dealing with Yahoo e-mail servers for instance resulted in Don talking about the literally thousands of servers involved with new ones arriving often. On one hand, because the database is 'shared' it only takes one person to add in a 'newly discovered' server ... yet in actuallity, there may have been thousands of reports already sent to the wrongly identified spam-source because of reporters not actually paying attention to the Parse results.

I sent myself an email and it got on my spamcop "report" queue.

As noted above, the only possible guess at what this means is that you submitted your own e-mail for Parsing and it (should have) came back with an error message, complaining about the particular (IP) address not being found within 'your' MailHost Configuration data .... or it simply tracked it back to this as the actual injection point with no complaints .... a Tracking URL would have allowed others to 'see' just what it is that you are trying to describe (badly)

Comcast decided to use omta08.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net, but that is not on the HUGE list of mailhosts. Does this mean I have to manually add in a mailserver every time Comcast randomly decides to add/rename one?

Warnings, adviseries, tales of woe abound in many places here about ISPs changing their network configurations .... this impacts the MailHost Configuration data and Quick-Reporting folks in a drastically bad way. Again, Pinned entries, FAQs, Wiki, previously posted Topics/Discussions, on and on ....

In fact, how do I even add anything to the list?

When was the last time you logged into 'your' www.spamcop.net web-page?

When is the last time you looked at a Parsing result page?

Both places should have an Add/Edit MailHost link provided ...????

I don't understand this line. Did you send yourself an email from comcast to comcast and try reporting it? If so, then it did as it should since the real source was comcast.

No, since comcast.net should be in your list as well, that will be picked up. If you have a tracking URL showing something different, please provide it.

Ok, never mind this thread. Sorry! I had a spam filter that basically went bonkers.. My filter would junk anything from 76.96.62.xx unless the Received field had a familiar email server. I added my own email address as one of them, but I should have used a "From" field instead.

Anyway, even if I set this mailhost configuration up, it shouldn't stop me from submitting my own email in a spam report (by accident), right?

Sorry about the mixup guys.

Anyway, even if I set this mailhost configuration up, it shouldn't stop me from submitting my own email in a spam report (by accident), right?

???? Not sure if you're quite grasping what the MailHost Configuration of your Reporting Account actually is .... No, there is no impact on what you can and do submit for Parsing. The MailHost Configuration data is only used during the parsing of that submittal, basically looking for the injection point "to" 'your' trusted ISP/MailHost servers. It's when this list of 'your' servers (actually a bit confusing as it does in reality include other user's data for the same Hosts) doesn't include a server in 'your' chain-of-hosting/handling systems that bad-reporting issue show up. As 'you' have no control when your ISP/Host adds or changes their network, it is up to 'you' to monitor the Parsing results to insure that reports do go to the correct locations.

Archived