I sell gems on my site, BUT it seems...

adove2000

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were you matzo, I would start a new thread. This one is hopeless for understanding the issues.

Sorry to hear that your intervention didn't work. I forget by now whether we ever figured out why spamcop is blocking and to give you ammunition to get 50megs to do something about it.

Sorry about not using s/he. matzo sounds masculine to me and I am of the old school where indeterminate person was always designated he.

People will certainly try to be helpful. And just ignore the ones who pop in to make a comment.

Actually, you would be better off to try the spamcop newsgroup if newsgroups don't intimidate you. Just be warned that everyone is a user and that some are blunter than others. Posters usually get treated in the same tone as they post.

Newsgroups are much better at discussion than the web forum is and your problem will have different solutions from different people.

Miss Betsy

Miss Betsy

This one is hopeless for understanding the issues.

LOL – Easy enough to weave in and out of the opinions. I thought the AOL comment was rather comical.

Sorry to hear that your intervention didn't work.  I forget by now whether we ever figured out why spamcop is blocking and to give you ammunition to get 50megs to do something about it.

As nearly as I can determine, it’s one of two issues.

1- 50megs has a popmail account that have spammers signing up for the free 50megs accounts and blasting their spam.

2- There’s a hole in the IP’s setup, and they don’t have the knowledge or the desire to fix it – can’t say which it would be.

matzo sounds masculine to me

Not to worry – sometimes it’s best when people think I’m a guy – less “problematic” depending on what country I’m dealing with. Some countries don’t care to deal with women and if they don’t know it’s easier.

Actually, you would be better off to try the spamcop newsgroup

I’m not a big fan of newsgroups. Too much email to wade through already. {Assuming spamcop’s newsgroup is of that nature.}

I’m looking at virtual private servers instead of argue with About.com and 50megs techs. They are all quite polite, sound like they are trying to do what they can, but inevitably virtually useless.

Thanks for the suggestions.

~Matzo

I’m not a big fan of newsgroups. Too much email to wade through already. {Assuming spamcop’s newsgroup is of that nature.}

This one you access through your newsreader and you don't really have to read any thread except the one you started. There is also a mailing list feature, but you don't want that at all. (one reason the web forum was started, people signed up for the mailing list for one question because they didn't know how to access the ng and then were overwhelmed with posts!)

There are many more people who have working knowledge in the ng. There is also a .geeks group for just plain computer or software questions.

Miss Betsy

<snip>

Sorry about not using s/he.  matzo sounds masculine to me <snip>

...You know, I never thought about it before, but the Hebrew word matzo is almost certainly female -- the plural is matzoth and the "oth" ending (pronounced "oat") is feminine. :D

Archived