Sign in to follow this  
Geek

Can't Login

As well as the server is sending the incorrect MIME type to my browser when I try.

Just thought you should know.

Me too.

Everytime I try to login, I go from standard font size to large font size, and get various messages, one of the recent ones is putRow The MySQL server is running with the --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement (1290)/mcgi?action=loginform;returnurl=%2Fmcgi so they must be having problems.

Me too. I can log into webmail, but not reporting. I get "no such userid". I've submitted a support request. I also notice that the green has trailed off into white in the Reporting Server Status above this page.

I can't log in to reporting either.

On one occasion I did see a red error message about not being able to read a database row, or something like that, but I didn't record it and don't see it now.

When I first clicked the shortcut to get to the reporting page, I noticed the password had been removed from the IE login box. Everything looks normal to me, I'm not getting any errors....it just will no longer accept my login.

Yes, the graphic (top right of forum pages - click for full display, or use the link, above, provided by petzl) shows some severe problems in achieving throughput. There may be a notice on the newsgroups but I can't reach there from here - and archived copies which I can reach don't seem to be anywhere near current.

I wonder why no announcements from SC??
Maybe up to their collective gluteus maximii in alligators? Or is that gluteui maximus?

Looks like most of us down-under are the first to experience the problem :blink:

Let's hope it get's resolved soon, the crap is mounting up in my Junk Folder :excl:

Edited by Toffa

Paid account doesn't recognize password. Keeps asking for it.

And my free account does not display HTML when logging in. Shows the page in text not HTML.

Looks like most of us down-under are the first to experience the problem :blink:...
Yeah, it's early morning where the servers are, beepers no doubt going off and all that (and it's been acting up a while) and I guess it takes a while before they can get to the repair stage without full upstream support and so-on - or maybe the winter weather has played a part?? Conjecture. Database messages then weird behaviour as far as log-ins and so on are concerned are all part of it, going by past experiences.

We're talking about a quite heavily protected and hardened set-up I believe - so anything busting it is not likely to be addressable through a few keystrokes on a remote terminal.

I am locked out as well. All kinds of weird page behavior and password failure error messages, typeface changes, failed HTML, etc.

David

As petzl has noted, the SpamCop reporting servers appear to be out of action just now. An opportunity to chill and enjoy a day without reporting unless you have flat-rate Email account since the reporting option there is still working just now :)

Andrew

Maybe up to their collective gluteus maximii in alligators? Or is that gluteui maximus?

Maybe glutei maximi??? :D

See: Gluteus Maximus

Edited by csouter

From spamcop newsgroup:

Engineering is working on a problem with the SpamCop database. Sorry

about not getting out notification earlier. Unfortunately I do not have

an ETA for recovery.

Ellen

SpamCop

Ah, there seems to be activity on the graphic.

From spamcop newsgroup:

..etc

Thanks for fetching that! :)

Ellen wrote:

>

> Engineering is working on a problem with the SpamCop database. Sorry

> about not getting out notification earlier. Unfortunately I do not have

> an ETA for recovery.

>

> Ellen

> SpamCop

OK we are back up and running. As always after an outage, you may find

the system is slower to respond to your spam submissions until it works

through the backlogged mail. Thanks for your patience.

Ellen

SpamCop

I've been able to report one or two mails, but now I'm having the same problems again...

guess we'll have to wait a little... they're working on it :)

...I've been able to report one or two mails, but now I'm having the same problems again...

guess we'll have to wait a little... they're working on it :)

Yep, apart from the backlog issue (all that processing that *seemed* to go through while the throughput was zero) the graphic shows it is up and down several times - unfortunately the leading edge of a "down" (or an "up") is not evident at the moment of submission.

Yep, apart from the backlog issue (all that processing that *seemed* to go through while the throughput was zero) the graphic shows it is up and down several times - unfortunately the leading edge of a "down" (or an "up") is not evident at the moment of submission.

Looks like the SC reporting/parsing/etc. system had a very bad night.

DT

...Looks like the SC reporting/parsing/etc. system had a very bad night.
Yes - parsing still seemed to be working throughout. I was just testing that out when it came back on line for a while so not sure but it would have to be for the several parts that seemed to continue working at odd times to do so. There are different behaviors for cookie login and HTTP authorization when the database croaks, just to confuse the non-techno types like me but that has been observed often enough in the past.

Maybe glutei maximi??? :D

See: Gluteus Maximus

Heck Chris, let me just make that "bottoms" then, I can't find any coins thick enough for an unbiased decision between 3 options :P .