Sign in to follow this  
zachariah

Encrypted Access to the SpamCop Reporting System?

Sorry, but AFAICT, the appropriate party's suggestion list is write-only from our perspective. Akamai might not even support SSL.

Is this available for the SpamCop Reporting System?

If not, then please add it!!

This has been brought up for a number of years. This would be a julian decision, and thus far, it hasn't been done. About all that can be said but anyone else.

Technically, there may be the performance issue that makes it a no-way situation. If you look at how much crunching goes on already, how many reports go out every minute, etc. ... handling the overhead of a secure connection may be why it hasn't been done. If you stick around for a while, you'll note that it doesn't take much for folks to start hollering about any kind of a slow down ... However, this is just my take on it, just pointing out that you aren't the first to ask <g>

Hi,

I'm a relatively satisfied spamcop user. However, I'm concerned that when I log in to mailsc.spamcop.net for reporting, that I can't do so using a secure connection (https). Ditto with members.spamcop.net. What gives?

Hi,

I'm a relatively satisfied spamcop user.  However, I'm concerned that when I log in to mailsc.spamcop.net for reporting, that I can't do so using a secure connection (https).  Ditto with members.spamcop.net.  What gives?

Hi, jsapan!

...Did you notice Wazoo's reply, above? If so, do you have a follow-up question about that answer?

Edited by turetzsr