My IP is listed

Agrotorg

I got the gprs internet connection, so I get my IP from my provider and it's dynamic IP witch is different each time. And I can't do anything when some of this dynamic IPs are used by some other user to send spam, so this IP goes to your spam list. After that I can't send e-mail at all (using MS Outlook). What should I do?

I got the gprs internet connection, so I get my IP from my provider and it's dynamic IP witch is different each time. And I can't do anything when some of this dynamic IPs are used by some other user to send spam, so this IP goes to your spam list. After that I can't send e-mail at all (using MS Outlook). What should I do?

Provide the IP you allege is listed: we can do nothing without it.

Unless you are running your own SMTP server it is very unlikely that your problem is as you've described. Your machine may get a different IP each time but your mail will go out through the phone company's SMTP.

Please post the /exact/ text of your error message here.

The exact text of error: "Your server IP address is in the spamcop database, bye". I can't tell the IP because it's not noted in the error message.

I'd like to concretize the situation:

We are the company witch have the own pop3\smtp server and most of our remote objects use the dial-up connection to the internet, and mail works correctly for them. But some of our remote objects use mobile phones to connect to the internet by gprs, and when they try to send the mail they get that error.

And what is going to change if I call the gprs provider and try to know the IPs pool?

...We are the company witch have the own pop3\smtp server and most of our remote objects use the dial-up connection to the internet, and mail works correctly for them. But some of our remote objects use mobile phones to connect to the internet by gprs, and when they try to send the mail they get that error.

And what is going to change if I call the gprs provider and try to know the IPs pool?

Thanks for the clarification.

The blocklist works on IP address so there's not much to discuss without knowing that detail. If samara.ru was the network they have only two addresses on the SCbl at the moment 195.209.65.26 testserv.ssu.samara.ru and 195.209.73.242 museum.samara.ru, neither of which sounds like a candidate for the service you describe (dynamic addresses, different ones assigned by the GPRS connection each time) so I guess that's not it.

Anyway, can't your GPRS users use regular webmail services through your server (like a VPN would)? I'm hazy about the GPRS service (and maybe it varies a little from place to place) but it certainly should not be supporting a direct-to-the-internet mail connection for users because of the exact problem you have found. And some servers down the line would reject direct mail anyway, whether the IP was on the SCbl or not.

The exact text of error: "Your server IP address is in the spamcop database, bye". I can't tell the IP because it's not noted in the error message.

We are the company witch have the own pop3\smtp server and most of our remote objects use the dial-up connection to the internet, and mail works correctly for them. But some of our remote objects use mobile phones to connect to the internet by gprs, and when they try to send the mail they get that error.

Thanks for that. It would seem that the SMTP server is using the blocklist to filter OUTGOING messages (not recommended) and then giving you a mis-formed error message. What happens if you use a proper email client instead of the PoS that is Outlook? What is the name of the SMTP server to which you are trying to connect? Who owns/controls it? Do they have a clue?

If your email service is not reliable because the company you are dealing with allows spammers, then you need to change your email service to one that doesn't allow spammers.

There are free email services like yahoo, hotmail, and gmail. You can also pay for other services.

You can also complain loudly to your provider.

Miss Betsy

Are your gprs users sending all outgoing mail through your company's smtp server? Is your company smtp server generating this error message? The message appears to be generated by a Kerio MailServer: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=48525

Yes, the message is generated by Kerio MailServer, whitch is installed on our pop3/smtp server, and our gprs users send all the messages through it.

Then it would appear that the solution is in your own hands! It's your server - set it up how you need it to work.

Then it would appear that the solution is in your own hands! It's your server - set it up how you need it to work.

In agreement here. From the story as told and understood from this side of the screen, but also having to toss in an assumption or two ....

You run your own e-mail server. It would be considered rare that an e-mail server would be placed on a system with a dynamic IP Address. So my initial assumption is that this e-mail server is actually at a fixed (static) IP Address. Your definition of the delivery problems would not seem to be due to this server's output.

So this tends to take me to a similar issue related in a number of previous Topics opened up by others that deal with a user's failed attempts to get his/her outgoing e-mail to be accepted by his/her ISP/Host. The problem found in almost all of these is that the ISP/Host involved used the SpamCopDNSBL in a blocking fashion and the user's 'connection' IP Address had made it's way onto the SpamCopDNSBL due to a compromised computer being involved, either the user's computer itself or more typically, another computer on the user's (usually) wireless network that was spewing spam.

From the details offered, I believe I'm agreeing with Derek's suggestion .. it sounds like "you" are using the SpamCopDNSBL on 'your' e-mail server in a blocking fashion. This would support your described issue of only some of your remote customers being 'blocked' ....????

However, it would seem that this fact could be showing up in full detail in your e-mail server's logs .... though admitting that I know nothing about Kerio's software/tool-set. Wondering if the lack of detail in the rejection message (no IP Address, for instance) might also be a configuration issue on 'your' e-mail server ..????

Archived