Account Settings Corrupted?

Early Tuesday, March 25, (or late Monday) I suddenly stopped getting email. I have SpamCop pop my domain email, then I pop SpamCop. When I was finally able to check settings Tuesday night, I found that SpamCop was no longer popping my domain email. That setting was gone. When I re-entered the information it started popping again and sent me hundreds of duplicate emails going back to January.

1. I haven't accessed my settings for months. How did the external POP information get deleted?

2. I didn't, and don't, have "leave mail on server" checked. Yet it has apparently left mail on my domain server since January and then re-fetched everything it had already gotten back that far.

I think JT (support[at]spamcop.net) needs to hear about that.

Agreed. But another issue is the "double popping." Many of us have the email messages sent to our domain-based addresses automatically forwarded to SpamCop and then pop it from SpamCop. One advantage of that method is that you received the messages more quickly, on average, because the "popgate" system runs in a periodic fashion, rather than constantly.

DT

<snip> Many of us have the email messages sent to our domain-based addresses automatically forwarded to SpamCop and then pop it from SpamCop. One advantage of that method is that you received the messages more quickly, on average, because the "popgate" system runs in a periodic fashion, rather than constantly.

You would think so. But I tested both ways. My host is fast at everything else, but not at forwarding (They claim it is a shared hosting issue). Double popping is (much) faster for me.

Archived