[Resolved] im not spammer

oh my god

hello

today my site removed form my hosting company because i sent 1 email to this company http://assertiv.com/careers.aspx

they asking people to send the CV if they looking to work with him , so i sent 1 CV to him , but because im doing search engine optimization for free they report me as spammer because im competitor ! and my company removed my account because i sent 1 email only ! dose this is justice ? i sent an email because they asked me to send my CV im very wonder its only 1 email now my site is down www.eurospine2005.com and here is the prof to know i hat spam and spammer also i was asking spam cop to protect me from spammer please look at the date

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4484/61814132ia3.gif

here is also subject about this problem you may take a look http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.p...526#post5064526

so please honest me this report is false and im not spammer please help me !!

regards,

[edit - external image link switched to url. We don't post images here]

...so please honest me this report is false and im not spammer please help me !!
That does seem very harsh but your provider can do what they like with their servers. This is a matter between you and them. You emailed the SpamCop staff before. This forum is mostly ordinary SC users, not staff. Feel free to email the staff again, pointing to this topic to save explanation. But I don't believe they can help you either. SpamCop provides a block list, based on reported spam and on spamtraps and on sender volumes - that is all.

This appears to have nothing to do with the SpamCop bl, moving to the lounge with this post.

hello

my company hosting removed my site because i have problem with spamcop i asked some peoble they told me

the hosting company is lier and want you leave the server only , i asked my company hosting they said you have a reall problem with spam cop ask them for detailes any way here is my site http://www.eurospine2005.com i hope to know if it blacklisted or no here is also whats the company toled me

The SpamCop report is real, it is the reason your account was terminated, contact them, they will confirm there is a real complaint.

There is no other reason for us to terminate you, you were paying and not overloading.

I was in the process of trying to get your site working again and query the complaint with SpamCop, yet all I see are threats from you.

i sent to this site 1 email http://assertiv.com/careers.aspx because they asking me to sent my CV but because i do SEO for free they report me as spammer

i opend subject here you can read it http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=686527

any way please who can i know if my site black listed or no?

best regards,

...my company hosting removed my site because i have problem with spamcop i asked some peoble they told me

the hosting company is lier and want you leave the server only , i asked my company hosting they said you have a reall problem with spam cop ask them for detailes ...

Ah that is a different story, sorry, I should have looked more closely at the information in that webhostingtalk posting. I will merge your first query back with this one.

SpamCop does not block on the basis of "spamvertized sites" (in fact it doesn't block anything). It only lists IP addresses that are the source of spam email. But it does advise the administrators of networks hosting websites that are quoted in spam mails that they are hosting a "spamvertized" site. That was stated as the basis of the complaint shown in the message but the message is incomplete and we see no spamvertized site in the part that is shown.

Perhaps the wrong box was ticked, perhaps this is actually about spam sent from 66.7.193.27. Other members are able to look at the recent reporting history and may be kind enough to show anything that has shown up for that address recently. It is certainly not currently listed:

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...;ip=66.7.193.27

(follow the SenderBase link from there to see that the output of that server has recently reduced.)

You can be sure that if spam mail was the cause that it takes MUCH more than a single complaint from a competitor to get you listed. You can dismiss that possibility.

If it is an apparent SCbl matter we will move the whole thing back to the blocklist help forum where it started.

thanks dear my site up again and spam cop admin checked my problem and sent this email to me

" The relevant information is included below my signature.

After reviewing this issue, it is my opinion that the SpamCop user who reported your email has filed a false report.

http://assertiv.com/careers.aspx

His web site is clearly soliciting responses from job seekers and is asking for the emails to be sent to Careers[at]assertiv.com, which is the address the email at issue was sent to.

When reading your email in that context, it becomes obvious that you sent a legitimate, *solicited* email in accordance with the instructions at the assertiv.com web site.

I have taken action against my user for filing the false report.

Please accept my apologies for all the trouble.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

"

thanks very much to spamcup team , and i hope any body try to send false report spam cop put him in the black list

best regards,

thanks dear my site up again and spam cop admin checked my problem and sent this email to me

<snip>

When reading your email in that context, it becomes obvious that you sent a legitimate, *solicited* email in accordance with the instructions at the assertiv.com web site.

I have taken action against my user for filing the false report.

Please accept my apologies for all the trouble.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

"

thanks very much to spamcup team , and i hope any body try to send false report spam cop put him in the black list

...Thank you for taking the time to return here and posting the good news! It is (I hope) a rare situation but, as you have shown, false reports do happen!

...As a result of this good news, I am marking this thread as "Resolved."

...Thank you for taking the time to return here and posting the good news! It is (I hope) a rare situation but, as you have shown, false reports do happen!

...As a result of this good news, I am marking this thread as "Resolved."

yes dear every thing is ok and my site up again , but i think i don't under stand well spamcop work , i want to ask if my hosting company didn't remove my site after spamcop sent him the report dose spam cop will put there server in the black list ?

i would like also again to thank the admin of spamcop because he answer me by email and answer me at webhosting talk.

best regards,

yes dear every thing is ok and my site up again , but i think i don't under stand well spamcop work , i want to ask if my hosting company didn't remove my site after spamcop sent him the report dose spam cop will put there server in the black list ?

No, it doesn't quite work like that. Only IP addresses for the spam (email) origin go in the block list and they automatically "time out" (come off the list) after no more than 24 hours once the spam stops. It takes a lot of reports (or spam sent to SC's own spam traps) before an address will be listed. I repeat, a report of a single "spam" from anyone will not do that. But SC sends reports to the host all along, even before they are in the blocklist. Once an address IS listed, if the hosting company takes steps to stop the spam and shows SC it has done so then the IP address can be delisted early.
... i would like also again to thank the admin of spamcop because he answer me by email and answer me at webhosting talk.
Indeed, that was excellent service on Don's part and hopefully goes a long way towards defusing the negative comments about SC being aired in that venue. It seems your host was a little over-zealous but SC never tries to tell people how to use the reports sent to them (obviously some reaction or attack on the problem is hoped for before the situation escalates) and it certainly doesn't want to be associated with false reports.

thanks very much dear for this important information now i understand how spam cop work , may be i will move to another kind hosting company !
They made you suffer, but they have a good reputation (obviously they protect that). By normal standards it is better to have a provider who protects their reputation. Because they also protect yours when they do so. They are not responsible for the false report but you are justified in being angry that they jump to conclusions about you. But in the longer term ... maybe you should think about it.

Archived