Mailhosts

The instructions for setting myself up to use the mailhosts system include a line that says:

"Please ensure that your mailing list traffic is properly filtered so that it is not reported as spam! "

I don't know what it means for mailing list traffic to be properly filtered. Can someone please clue me in? Thanks.

...Attn: Moderators -- please consider merging this into

Arrrrgh!!! "Move" only allows me to place into a different Forum ... The "Merge" wants me to create a "new" Topic to move posts into .. and I'm not willing to play with the massive "Julian's Topic" at this point ... Haven't seem JeffG in a while, but know that he played with this thing for quite a while before things got so 'whacked' <g> ... need to find the time and answers to work around the screen displays to actually do the merge (that's why I haven't done it in the other recommendations to go there posts thus far) ... Hey, I'm only another newbie here too <g>

I can only guess the answer to the actual question, but perhaps it's a sentence taken out of the 'warning' about not reporting until a few parses have been done "by hand" to make sure that things are actually recognised correctly???? As suggested, much better chance of getting the "right" answer by posting over in the "correct" Topic.

Spent some time over on Innovision. Spent some more time in the lounge. OK, I can do merge. However, I noted that doing this will slide tgeliot's post into Julian's Topic in a time-ordered sequence and leaving no "moved" marker here ... and that suggests that if/when tgeliot comes back to get an answer, there'll basically be no sign of his/her posting ... and as it wasn't posted "over there" to begin with, hard to imagine that searching for his/her own post and/or stumbling across it seem a bit far out there. Probably the wrong way to handle it, but ...

I'm crossing fingers that tgeliot will re-appear and read through this Topic list. I'm requesting that tgeliot make another post to indicate that he/she has been here, seen this, whatever ... at that point, I'll do the merge (unless tgeliot decides to Delete the posting here ???) That way, this additional Topic will disappear, but the original poster won't be left wondering what happened to his/her query.

On the other hand, even I'll admit that this particular subject is getting most frustrating. That thread is so huge, Julian pops in and out, but doesn't leave any data, I see a post there recently from Ellen about one item, but there's so many questions unanswered already ... I know some of them have been handled, either through someone's intervention or Julian tweaking the code, but .... and now the current posting on the web page that "it's close to final" .... /rant mode off <g>

Spent some time over on Innovision.  Spent some more time in the lounge.  OK, I can do merge. However, I noted that doing this will slide tgeliot's post into Julian's Topic in a time-ordered sequence and leaving no "moved" marker here ... and that suggests that if/when tgeliot comes back to get an answer, there'll basically be no sign of his/her posting ... and as it wasn't posted "over there" to begin with, hard to imagine that searching for his/her own post and/or stumbling across it seem a bit far out there.  Probably the wrong way to handle it, but ...

I'm crossing fingers that tgeliot will re-appear and read through this Topic list.  I'm requesting that tgeliot make another post to indicate that he/she has been here, seen this, whatever ...  at that point, I'll do the merge (unless tgeliot decides to Delete the posting here ???) That way, this additional Topic will disappear, but the original poster won't be left wondering what happened to his/her query.

On the other hand, even I'll admit that this particular subject is getting most frustrating.  That thread is so huge, Julian pops in and out, but doesn't leave any data, I see a post there recently from Ellen about one item, but there's so many questions unanswered already ... I know some of them have been handled, either through someone's intervention or Julian tweaking the code, but .... and now the current posting on the web page that "it's close to final" .... /rant mode off <g>

...Thanks, Wazoo -- your efforts (and frustrations) are appreciated! :)

Archived