Push support for iPhone 2.0 software?

A request coming from Spamcop admins for their users would surely carry more weight?

Why would you think that? As far as the Horde folks go, the specific use of that application to provide web/e-mail for SpamCop/CESmail.net users is just 'one more user' in the world.

Do the admins follow the forums?

Section 8 - SpamCop's System & Active Staff User Guide shows who the e-mail service is provided by. You can make your own determination.

Dealing with sent mail would be a bit tricky however; you'd have to set up Spamcop too via IMAP/SMTP and then tell the iPhone to save sent mail in the Sent Mail folder, but I'm not sure how to tell the iPhone's Mail.app to not check the inbox (since we want it all going to MobileMe in this case).
I am not sure if this makes any sense, but have you considered using BCC to send messages to yourself, which could then me moved to a separate folder using filters? Personally I BCC myself on all messages I send from work, just to be sure the outgoing filters do not delete or alter something. I have had problems with attachments dropping off; and I find it very helpful to "know" what I actually sent, which is not always the same as the copy in the sent folder.

A request coming from Spamcop admins for their users would surely carry more weight?

Do the admins follow the forums?

I really don't think the Email service admins have any more influence in the Horde/IMP world than you or I. But I guarantee that if there was a significant number of users pressing then the Horde team would probably pick the need up and something would probably happen.

Not sure I see anyone other than you requesting the function so I fear there's probably not much likelihood.

As to the Email service admins following the forums... Well they appear every now and again but holding your breath waiting for the event wouldn't be wise ;)

Andrew

I really don't think the Email service admins have any more influence in the Horde/IMP world than you or I.

Well, I wrote and I asked, I even offered money ... does this help?

IMAP never really worked well for me with Spamcop even on a PC (particularly sent mail). Its really not the same.

Hi.

a number of Spamcop users have been requesting a push mail option for use with iPhones etc. Do you know if this would be possible?

This has nothing to do with Horde, isn't there an IMAP client on iPhones? The IMAP IDLE functionality is basically a push feature.

Jan.

May be there is a buck in someone writing the Spamcop iPhone app ...

Archived