Hotmail is rejecting my Spamcop (webmail) emails

Just seen on the webmail login page:

I *don't* use Hotmail for important email communications, but if there's some poor soul who has a Hotmail or MSN account, and I need to send them a message, then it would sure be nice if it could get through to them, which is the whole point of this topic.

And....not all SpamCop Email customers use the webmail regularly, so it would sure be nice to also post these announcements here in the Forums.

Hotmail have lost the plot!

The only email I get in it now is spam?

A test I sent from SpamCop does not even make it to their "bulk folder"?

A test I sent from SpamCop does not even make it to their "bulk folder"?

Exactly....that's been going on since yesterday afternoon...no sign of any of my test messages, but stuff sent from my broadband ISP's SMTP zips right through to Hotmail.

DT

Exactly....that's been going on since yesterday afternoon...no sign of any of my test messages, but stuff sent from my broadband ISP's SMTP zips right through to Hotmail.

Time to throw your Hotmail away and get your next disposable email from Gmail

They allow 20 meg email attachments and very effective spam control

...No, thanks, I decline to subscribe to a system that protects spammers (http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=63667).

[link enabled, but I don't think it's the right one?]

I don't know if Gmail protect spammers.

They see to be active in stopping spammers and effective in accurate sorting spam from ham

They though are a bureaucracy often mindless

All of my missing messages eventually showed up in my test Hotmail account, and messages appear to be delivering instantly now. They were apparently just queuing our messages for an unreasonably long time. We are subscribed to their SNDS service, but it clearly doesn't help. We are currently working on changes to the backend that will limit the impact of these spam runs.

All of my missing messages eventually showed up in my test Hotmail account, and messages appear to be delivering instantly now. They were apparently just queuing our messages for an unreasonably long time. We are subscribed to their SNDS service, but it clearly doesn't help. We are currently working on changes to the backend that will limit the impact of these spam runs.

Thanks for the update Trevor. I don't have hotmail/msn accounts to test with.

Thanks for the report, Trevor. We really appreciate being as informed as possible, so if you guys could drop by and post something quick when you're aware of something like this, it would certainly be nice.

I'm pretty sure I sent a few test messages that have never arrived, so I think that there was some sort of gap between when they were outright rejecting connections, and when they were actually allowing messages to be delivered, but that's not all that important now.

DT

Archived